Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashes frequently after update to v10.0

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Last week I am having much problems with LRC v10.0. I read about the bug "Open with..." so importing pictures within LRC. Yesterday only after 10 crashes or so I was able to add pictures to my catalog. But when editing the system crashes very often.

Sometimes it freezes before a crash, than crashes after a while and no report is made. Sometimes I get the message, that a report will be send to Microsoft (?) and seldom that a crash report is made and could be send to Adobe. I left my mailadres, but no reaction (?). LRC crashes even when loaded and doing nothin with it for a few minutes... And it crashes at simple editing...

My PC (desktop) is running very well, all latest Windows updates are installed, i7 prcessor, 64Gb RAM, nVidia videocard with 4GB RAM. All more than sufficient! I hav no problems with any software, but LRC after the last update.

The problem I have is that I have to deliver pictures for a newspaper and lately Adobe is often in the time critical path. I am paying for this and from a large company I do not expect this kind of problems. A bit disappointing and above all frustrating!

Are there other people with the same problem? I find a lot of them on the Internet, but no solutions offered. I do hope that a simple solution is possible or an update covering the problems. 

Best regards, Dick

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly thje same problem. It was running fine until the last update a few weeks ago.

I have filled out numerous crash reports, I have reported it on different Adobe forums, some advice was to change Video cards settings... didn't work.

No response from Adboe (that I cna see or am aware of).

I too missed deadlines because of this and due to the frustration with it all, I have now given up on it and am using DxO with the Nik Collection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep on complaining, perhaps we should use social media to convince them...
If that does not help, I will file an official complaint and want my money back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall Lightroom Classic 9.4 seems like the best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just found a workaround (I hope). I reported errors from Microsoft and remebered there was also a Microsoft update. The system works fine, but the option to run the program as 'administrator' was not tried by me earlier. And... It works. At least 50 photo's edited without problems. Please try this also and if it works with you too, there may be a hint towards Adobe (and Microsoft...?).
Good luck, Dick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Small update: still working with LRC in admin way and still no problems... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines