• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashes when importing

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!! I have LR Classic 9.3, running on windows 10 x64 build 1909. Suddenly LR won't let me import. As soon as I click on the "Import" button on the Library, LR crashes. Same if I select from the upper menu or if I hold Ctrl-Shift-I. After I do that, LR crashes, and the "send message to Adobe" windows appears. Does anybody know why this is happening, or how could I fix this?  

This is what I get on my screen: 

AlvaroLB_1-1593305662623.png

Thanks in advance!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDIT/This point first

First as a diagnostic and possible repair (slim probability) Bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Sign out, sign in, watch for errors. Only do this if you have Internet access at that computer.

Does LrC behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, perhaps a corruot preference file. Consider resetting. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for deleating the preference file and then letting Lightroom Classic to recreate it.

The preference file can get corrupted, resulting in odd behavior. Some people have a knee jerk reaction in thinking they need to uninstall then reinstall Lightroom Classic, maybe that could be called for, but it would be better to first reset the preference file.

Be aware that resetting the preference file will result in Lightroom Classic creating a new catalog instead if opening your previously opened catalog (normally) so make sure you know where your catalog is. 

Be aware the resetting the preference file will revert some settings in Preferences to defaults. So be aware of what you have changed, so that you can put those back the way you want them.

some links:

https://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, perhaps your catalog is corrupt? If you create a new catalog, how does LrC behave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"As soon as I click on the "Import" button on the Library, LR crashes."

Make sure you hardware is not malfunctioning. I'm talking about camera card, card reader, cables to the camera, hard disk, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines