• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashing on Import, then on Start

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a number of posts with related problems, but not clear on the solution.  Running on Windows 10, Lightroom is crashing when I try to import images (from the local drive, an SD card or through Syncronizing the folder).  Lightroom then crashes every time I open it if the imported images are still there - so if I move the images out of the folder Lightroom stays up.  I have updated my graphics driver, reinstalled Lightroom (9.1.0.10), tried turning the Autobahn property off but it still crashes.

This has only recently started happening and I am unsure what has changed - nothing I can think of.  The Adobe Crash Reporter does not come up despite having set it to Always.  The Windows event log is showing a problem with ntdll.dll.

Faulting application name: Lightroom.exe, version: 9.1.0.10, time stamp: 0x5de0bfe8
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x99ca0526
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process id: 0x680
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ca3ff04b39d7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Lightroom.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 6092a9e8-7c76-4573-a322-3c1f159f3d6b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Check all hard drives Lightroom Classic touches at start and at import for errors

the hard drive the catalog is in

the hard drive(s) you import the photos to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - just tried this, but no errors found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. What internet Security/Anti Virus/Firewall software do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bitdefender Total Security.  Been using it for a couple of years alongside Lightroom with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an OS problem, a problem with ntdll.dll you might want to google on

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll

corupt file ntdll.dll ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked into this.  ntdll.dll is a core Windows dll. I haven't found a way (yet) of fixing or updating it.  But as a common OS dll I think it's being used by a lot of other apps / services on my PC and at the moment only Lightroom has a problem.  I am not experiencing issues with anything else.  I'm not really using Photoshop at the minute but I might try to see if that has a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Windows 10 isn't fully updated when compared with my computer. Your version number ends with .418, and my version number ends with .535. I wonder if you updated your Windows if that might fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that previously and have just re-checked.  The Windows Updater says it is up to date, so I am not getting any patch/update options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the Windows updater is reporting up to date, did you ignore that and check for updates anyhow? The Windows updater could be not completly truthfull.

Note, that when you do this, you might trigger an update that MS has in a que waiting for your turn, or waiting for a bug fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I ran a check for updates. 

I've tried downgrading to Lightroom 9.0 and 8.4.1 but both are also crashing on Import.  I have run Windows system hardware and performance diagnostics - everything fine.  I've run a full virus scan - everything fine.  My OS is perfectly stable and so is every other application.  It's just Lightroom.

Running out of options and patience so starting to look at Lightroom alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines