• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic - Creative Cloud and Enhanced details

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a DNG file in Lightroom classic using the tool Enhanced details, the new file appears in my library but Lightroom classic only upload to CC an intelligent preview of the file. So, if I want to continue with my iPad and share a high resolution photo from that DNG, it's impossible because the original DNG isn't uploaded to CC.

Do you know guys if there is a way to make that Lightroom Classic upload the full new DNG file instead of the intelligent preview?

I'm trying to find the answer and I don't find it in any place.

kind regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Lightroom Classic only uploads 'smart previews' to the cloud. This has always been the case and is very unlikely to change. That being said, any edits you apply to the smart preview stored in the cloud and your iPad will be applied to the Enhanced image in Classic.

Note that any photos synced from Classic to the cloud does not count against your cloud storage limit. This is one of the few positives of syncing from Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic only uploads 'smart previews' to the cloud. This has always been the case and is very unlikely to change. That being said, any edits you apply to the smart preview stored in the cloud and your iPad will be applied to the Enhanced image in Classic.

Note that any photos synced from Classic to the cloud does not count against your cloud storage limit. This is one of the few positives of syncing from Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As Ian pretty much explained the whole process really well, you may also have a look at this article to know more about Smart Previews in Lightroom: How to use Smart Previews to view and edit photos in Photoshop Lightroom Classic

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for the answer...

In my case, this is not useful, because I use a lot Lightroom mobile, the situation of use Enhanced details was only because I have an X-T3 fufijilm and Lightroom doesn't work properly with the RAF files of these cameras.

As as a way to solve this problem I have to use the tool Enhanced details. But this tool is only in Lightroom classic. Not in Lightroom. Neither in lightroom mobile. Because I have the 1tb space in  CC, I don’t have the necessity to take care about the local disk. I contracted the photo plan because I had a copy of all my photos in the Cloud. With this new situation I won’t have them in an easy and fast way. I have to produce the DNG in classic, find it in my HD, upload it from Lightroom... so, a totally different concept from the idea I had when I bought the photo plan.

Adding to this, I have change all my Nikon cameras and gears for Fuji system, I really liked the Lightroom workflow, but now I see than my RAF (Raw) files are not welcomed with Lightroom 😞 instead of that, other softwares works really better with this kind of files, I have to say that I’m a bit disappointed with this...

I hope that adobe works harder on this and to have to ability to Edit the RAF files as I use to do it with my NEF files from Nikon. Anyway, I would have to find a different workflow because my system nos is the one I have.

I will see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines