Lightroom Classic Crop Tool Bug

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Upgraded" to Lightroom Classic. Now when I click on the crop tool the previously edited photo flickers and is then replaced by the current photo.

I spent over an hour between waiting for Customer Support chat and then debugging.

His solution was to turn off the GPU. This is a bug that Adobe introduced between version 17 and 18.

Got testy when I insisted on a bug report.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your details and constructive opinion to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too in the upper-right corner. This will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello waynem10146058   ,

Thanks, for sharing this. I would like to tell you that we are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. Please be patient and thank you again for you enthusiasm on reporting this.

Looking forward for more feedback from you.

Thanks,

Akshay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...about to roll back because it's driving me nuts.  That and the pre-set thing, which is even worse for me because I name my key presets with a ~ to start it, and that now makes the preset disappear! Ugh....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug fix update 7.3.1 didn't eliminate this issue. When will Adobe fix this new bug they introduced? It's not fatal, but it's a big distraction. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe fix this new bug they introduced?

Only Adobe knows, and they rarely say ahead of time. Be sure to add your opinion and Me Too vote to the bug report linked earlier in this thread -- that will make it a little more likely they'll prioritize a bug fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Adobe product developers read everything posted in that other forum with the bug report but rarely participate here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The crop tool doesn't work at all but the pull down tool shows the crop matrix on the photo but can't crop.  This is a serious problem.  I can't edit my photos right now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this too, very frustrating when you use this tool a lot for small tweaks and it slows down your workflow. I hope they fix this soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This annoying bug has been fixed in LR Classic V7.4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines