Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Develop Mode shows two exposures

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am having a tough time figuring this one out.  When I import images into Lightroom (Nikon D850 RAW)  they change luminance.  When I click on an image in develop mode the thumbnail is darker, when I click on a different image that one I just deselected brightens up.  This just started happening.  I am doing time lapses and when I edit an image, them move to another image the one I just edited is no longer correct as it changes luminance.  This is crazy behavior.  I need the thumbnails to stay consistent so I can look at my keyframed sequence for lighting.  I have ensured that the files in Bridge are set to SRGB and also in Lightroom.  I really could use some help as to why this is happening and how I can prevent it.  Right now it is very difficult to process a 500 image time lapse.  I shot this little video to show you whaat I am referring to.

Very much appreciate any assistance I can get.

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've imported the images using the embedded preview settings. Ideally, you should have used Standard-sized. Fortunately, you can easily correct the issue by going to the Library > Previews and choosing Build Standard-sized Previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tank you, Ian.  That seems to have worked.  How would I set the default to import Standard Previews, if you don't m,ind sharing that nugget?

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Import dialog 'File Handling Panel'- Choose from the 'Drop-down menu-

ScreenShot321.jpg   

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines