• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic develop module scrolling freeze

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 15 "  (2014 build) using Mojave 10.14.6.  Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7. Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.  Lightroom Classic suddenly unable to scroll with either the computer track pad or external  mouse. This happens only in Develop mode and it happens with all photos. In other modes, things work as they are supposed to. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Classic, restarted both the computer and software multiple times. Turned the Graphics processor off and estarted, back on and restarted. It worked fine this afternoon and not tonight. It may be that I inadvertantly changed/checked/unchecked something, but I can't find what. Any suggestions/solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with the Develop module of Lightroom Classic on your Mac.

Would you mind checking the below mentioned details and performing the steps to check if it helps?

1. Go to Preferences > Performance and increase the Camera Raw Cache size to 10.0GB or more.
  2. On the same tab, check the option to Use Smart Previews instead of Original for image editing and uncheck the option to Generate Previews in Parallel.
  3. On the Performance tab itself, select off from the drop down for Use Graphic Processor
  4. Go to the General tab and check the box to Replace Embedded previews by standard previews during idle time.

Once you have made the above-mentioned changes, quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic prior to testing the application.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your detailed and helpful suggestions. I did all the things you mentioned and that seems to have helped so far. I had reverted to an older version of Lightroom to see if that would help. It didn't. However, after implementing your changes it seems to work OK. This all started after the last upgrade. Should I hold off until the next upgrade or reinstall the current version? Thanks! Dave Fox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow up - Everything works great. I re-upgraded and things are still fine. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to report something weird. I thought this may be related. I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this but I was working in Lightroom classic and the mouse wouldn't stop putting the cursor at the top right. I thought it was the mouse and changed the battery. But this did not help and I noticed that the same thing was happening even with my TrackPad. I was able to get the program closed with my pen on my Wacom tablet. I have not restarted it yet and figured I would try reporting the problem in the meantime. Using a 2019 iMac with Catalina 10.15.4

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines