Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIghtroom classic develop module showing small photo window

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just changed laptop and when i ran LrC v10.1, whenever I go to develop module, rather than seeing the actual photo in big view, only a small window pops up and the big photo area is just gray. And i cannot really click the small window. see screenshot below, together with full system info.

Thanks in advance!

screen1.jpgscreen2.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That almost looks like a secondary display window. Does pressing F11 (Window > Secondary Display > Show) have any effect? What about pressing the "D" key to go to normal "Loupe" view in the Develop Module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. It didnt help. But for some reason, it disappeared when I changed the high DPI settings. My problem now is that the texts are too small in my laptop screen (4k) but too big in my secondary monitor (FHD only). I know there is a thread to resolve this, I will try that first. But Im afraid that the same problem will come back once I adjusted the DPI settings. I will update this thread on what will be the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue, too. Please post any answers you get.  How did you change the DPI -- in Lightroom or on your display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the DPI settings in Lightroom. I read a thread here (can't find it again) basically instructing to apply high DPI scaling override. 

• find the LrC exe (or even the shortcut to LrC)
  • right click, then Properties
  • go to Compatibility tab > Change high DPI settings
  • Override high DPI scaling behaviour > [Application, System, System Enhanced]

Originally, I used the System Enhanced option to fix scaling problems between my 4k laptop screen and my FHD 2nd monitor , but that's when the issue on small photo window arose. So now I choose the Application option, which solved the problem, but Im back to my original scaling issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem now with LR CC23 and a BenQ SW271C Pro 27in IPS LCD Monitor, you would think that Adobe would have solved this problem by now!  I can either have readable menu text OR use the Develop module!!  Please suggest a fix Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is still a problem in 2024 versioin 13.1.  Lightroom doesn't abide Windows scaling nor is it's own internal "font size" preference consistently applied.  Overriding the high DPI Windows setting when starting the app fixes some of the font readability issues.  But still causes this pop-up / misaligned preview image problem in the develop module.  I also had to go back to the default of not overriding the high DPI.

jbinco_0-1707676134993.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance). Any better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines