• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic doesn't update adjustments

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on LR Classic V10. When I make Develop adjustments and go back in to Library I get a little exclamation mark in the upper right of the preview that tells me :

"The metadata for this photo has been changed by both Lightroom and another application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?"

I haven't used another application, just LR. If I choose import settings from disk, then I lose my adjustments. If I choose overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog, my preview keeps the adjustments that I just made. I have re-synchronized all of my folders and it didn't help and I deleted my old Preferences file also.

When I am in LR and try to edit in PS I get a message that says "Could not open (file name) because there isn't enough room to display this document."

My shots are on a 4 bay NAS and the catalog is on an internal SSD. The NAS drives are mirrored and so I have only drive 1 and 2. There is lots of room on all drives.

This is a new installation on a new PC using Windows10, but the NAS was in use on my old PC with no issues. I was able to use this new machine for about 3 weeks before this started happening though. Do I need to uninstall LR and PS and start again? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need info on versions, exact versions.

LrC v?

PS v?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC V10 and PS 22.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most likely getting that message because you have the option to "automatically write to xmp" so Lightroom is updating the metadata in the file. Lightroom does not automatically read info from the file and is prompting you to decide which metadata should prevail, the info in the file or the info in the Lightroom Catalog file. Most likely you used Adobe Camera Raw to make changes outside Lightroom.

The risk is you will make changes to work done in Lightroom or Camera Raw / Photoshop, I believe you will see a warning which you should pay attention to.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. While your reply has logic I have always written changes to XMP automatically without any issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem with your choice to automatically write data to the file and certainly did not wish to be critical in any way. I was just trying to explain why you would receive the warning you received.

When I started using the "beta" version prior to the release I embraced the concept of working without the xmp sidecars and this was the single feature that made me chose Lightroom above the other three raw processing applications that I used at the time.

The "Automatically write to xmp" is a option which needs to be selected by the user, I do not believe it is selected as the default,

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries. I have used this option for many years because it works for me and it has never been the source of an issue like this. Talking about xmp's though, they are writing very, very slow now too. 

Even though my catalog is on an internal SSD I have a feeling that the problem may be related to the NAS, although this is nothing new in my setup either. Everything was fine but now something has changed which I presume has caused this and I don't know what that could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines