Highlighted

Lightroom Classic dont import photoes into collections

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Lightroom and want to pick some collection it starts to loading and never ending it... 

I tried to import photoes, it starts to loading and closing after few seconds. And I dont see any photoes in catalog. Lightroom dont open develop page at all.

I tried to reboot notebook, delete lightroom and install it again, download all new drivers for my computer, cleare cash, read all thematic forums about this problem and upload new version of lightroom, and tried to optimazed catalog. I click it yersterday in the evening and it does not finished in the morning, also I cant close it and I was needed to reboot urgently. Nothing works.

Please help me as soon as possible.

My friends photographers also faced with same promlem and domt know how to solve it.

Thnks in regard.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic dont import photoes into collections

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Lightroom and want to pick some collection it starts to loading and never ending it... 

I tried to import photoes, it starts to loading and closing after few seconds. And I dont see any photoes in catalog. Lightroom dont open develop page at all.

I tried to reboot notebook, delete lightroom and install it again, download all new drivers for my computer, cleare cash, read all thematic forums about this problem and upload new version of lightroom, and tried to optimazed catalog. I click it yersterday in the evening and it does not finished in the morning, also I cant close it and I was needed to reboot urgently. Nothing works.

Please help me as soon as possible.

My friends photographers also faced with same promlem and domt know how to solve it.

Thnks in regard.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the basic information requested below

Adobe Forum.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom Classic, version 9.3

Microsoft Windows 10, version 19.03

No messages of errors, just dont work. Dont open any photos, dont import photoes, dont load anything

In occured 3-4 days ago

Just "loading" what can continues many hours

Intel Core i3-6006U CPU 2.00 

8.00 Gb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum, the first step in using Lightroom Classic is to import image files, the files need to reside in folders within your computer system. A good free starter guide is available at the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/members/free-membership/classic-free-ebook/

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried to do it, nothing changed

I cant open collections and import photos

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what exactly you mean by "I cant open collections and import photos"?

Are you referring to your Collections in the Library module? see the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 10.31.01 AM.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what are you talking about, but i cant do both actions

Also I cant open Develope modeimage.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen capture, there are no images assigned to the selected collection.

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 11.34.31 AM.png 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definetly, but previosly there where photos, but now programm dont show it.

Also, I cant make new collection.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far more, I want to open folder, bat I cant, it dont work. 

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try simply importing the images into folders and then create the collections using the images from the various folders and see if that meets your needs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant make import at all, it doesnt work. I press Import>choose correct folder> press all images and... nothing.

I'm making photos in Lightroom for 3 years or more and I obviosly can use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen capture of your import dialog before you click on import. See the screen capture.

Also when you click import do you get any error message? If yes please post a screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 12.02.48 PM.png 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no messages about errors. Also, after I press Import i just see grade of importation on the top left side and... nothing. Honestly, I need help because this situation is very unusual and I really want somebody help me. I pay for this programm and want to work here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to store the images on OneDrive. What happens if you try to store the images on a local drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change... I think, can be something with reneval of programm? I always did the same actions, and now they doesnt work. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, "import" and collections don't go together. That's why I asked my question. It's possible to add to collections, and to make any collection the target collection. But import to a collection is not something I have heard of or referred to previously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines