• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic downloads duplicate RAW files uploaded from Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to make a cloud backup of my RAW files using Lightroom CC and syncing the albums to Lightroom Classic. My problem is when I start the sync on Lightroom Classic after I have uploaded the RAW files, it downloads everything again, making duplicate RAW files on my disk (it does not even organize the duplicates by collection).

Any idea on how to mitigate this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

The trick to getting this to work is to FIRST sync the raw files from Classic to the cloud. Classic will upload all the files as smart previews. Then you open Lightroom :sun_behind_cloud:️ Desktop and import all the raw images from the exact spot they are referenced from in Classic (do not copy them or move them). The cloud system will then realize that they belog to the already uploaded smart previews and combine them. It is too late for that now as you already have all these duplicates but you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick to getting this to work is to FIRST sync the raw files from Classic to the cloud. Classic will upload all the files as smart previews. Then you open Lightroom :sun_behind_cloud:️ Desktop and import all the raw images from the exact spot they are referenced from in Classic (do not copy them or move them). The cloud system will then realize that they belog to the already uploaded smart previews and combine them. It is too late for that now as you already have all these duplicates but you can probably do this by deleting everything from the cloud and starting over with this sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Tried it on a hundred photos and it work like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines