• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Edit in Photoshop 2020 fails

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click in LR and choose "Edit in Photoshop 2020" opens PS, but fails to open the image.

After a lengthly delay LR returns an error message:

LR error message.jpg

This messsage appears even though PS is open.

Some time after this, LR throws up another error message:

LR error message-2.jpg

Oddly, after dismissing this error message, a .tif version of the image is created and appears in LR, then is immediately loaded into PS.  This entire process takes several minutes.

Both applications and Camera Raw are up to date (as at August 25, 2020) and are running under an up to date install of Win 10.  I have completely uninstalled both apps through the Creative Cloud app and re-inistalled them with the problem persisting after the reinstall.

Calls to Adobe Support resulted in the front-line tech being unable to resolve this most annoying issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you openb that TIF file in PS directly? Not using LrC at all?

Is your D drive internal or external? If external is it connected and functioning properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the .tif file created by LR is viable and opens correctly in PS

The drive in question is local to the PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I and it seems the majority of other LrC/Ps users do not have this problem. I can send any file type to Ps from LrC without error.

So it seems it is a problem local to your computer.

Can you send any type of file to Ps from LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling the reinstalling Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried that, no joy there either.

Since I have remnants of installs for PS and LR going back to PS 4 and LR first public beta (including presumably  many orphaned Registry entries), I considered using the Adobe tools to do a complete removal of all Adobe software followed by a complete reinstall.  But it was time to upgrade the hardware anyway, so I did (i9-9900K/RTX 2070 etc)   Now all is good.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines