Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic export error to Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Since 2 days, I'm having problems to export an image from my the lightroom classic (version 9.2) to photoshop 2020 (21.1.1).

When I try to export the following message apear: "Could not open "file name" because of a disk error".

My operational system is macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and the file is stored on the hard drive (not in NAS or external drive).

Have someone having similar probleme?

Many thanks,

Augusto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First common thing for MACOS Catalina to do is to check that the applications have rights to the hard drives.

Outside of Lightroom, on the MAC, in your MACOS, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders, make sure Lightroom Classic and while you are at it, Photoshop, can access all the drives listed, make sure all the boxes are checked.

EA108FF7-DD6D-4BFB-BD08-1BE65557DD30.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Note, if you keep photos in the MACOS folder, Photos, while you are in the Privacy tab, scroll up to Photos, make sure Lightroom Classic (and Photoshop??) have rights to that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

You were right, my problem was in the application rights. I just gave the authorization to access my documents and the problem was folved.

Many thanks for you help.

Regards,

Augusto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines