• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm seeing menu tearing when scrolling in Lightroom classic 10.3 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noting after today's update that scrolling menus in LR Classic in windows 10 shows lagging, repeated text. Everything still works, but it's jike the menus have extreme lag in updating. For example in the export menu when scrolling the boxes where you enetr values all repeat as I drag the scroll bar. Anyone else seeing this?

Tony

{Thread title edited & post moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the experience with the menus in Lightroom Classic 10.3. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer. You can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately this didn't resolve the problem, and I am now current on all windows 10 updates are installed. Again, this only started after the last update of LR Classic. It doesn't impact program functionality, it's just annoying. Attached is a screen grab of what I see scrolling in the export dialog window. See how all the text dialogs repeat? Again, this is new since the update. I guess it could be a graphics card issue but I don't see this behavior in any other program, including Photoshop. Only in LR classic.

LR_Classic_tear.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this effect as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1623855557291.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1623855557291.png

GoldingD_2-1623855557292.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here ya go:

License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19042
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3.4GHz
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 32716.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32716.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 992.6 MB (3.0%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1207.3 MB
GDI objects count: 753
USER objects count: 2914
Process handles count: 3634
Memory cache size: 170.5MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.3 [ 807 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 137MB / 16358MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 138MB / 32716MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1080x1920, 2) 2560x1440
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: Radeon RX 580 Series (27.20.21003.8013)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: X:\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-2-v10.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) Luminar 4
5) Luminar AI
6) Nikon Tether Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Displays: 1) 1080x1920, 2) 2560x1440

As you are not using 4K, if the option to use Graphics Processor is on, turn it off. No value sub 4K, and perhaps causing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this too, started with latest update. On an RTX 3070. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Unfortunately that made no difference. Looks like I'm not the only one seeing this behavior sincee the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same thing in dialogues but only when dragging the scrollbar. If I scroll using the mouse wheel everything seems fine.

Lightroom Classic 10.3, Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Thor Egil Leirtrø
Freelance concert photographer - thoregilphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is also completely broken for me since the last update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix? Running on RTX2070.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just throwing this out there...long time Windows Lightroom user.  My last few editions including my current 10.3 Release has a weird condition when I am exporting a library of images and the Export Files pop up window opens.  If I scroll the far right tab down, toward the bottom like "metadata, watermarking, post-processing, etc." the window doesn't scroll smoothly.  

If I move exceptionally slow, I can read the data in this window, but I can't scroll quickley without everything blurring which makes it hard to locate where I am within the window.

Not a big deal, but thought I would pass it on in the event it can help.  🙂 

==================================================

Moved to Lightroom Classic forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check whether disabling GPU support helps. It's also worth resetting the Lightroom Classic Preference file as described in Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

if not MAC, What GPU? What GPU driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

Screenshot is Windows and the OP has indicated Windows just to right of 'Topics'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported this recently. Please add your details to the bug report:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-scrolling-in-export...

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with this report of very similar symptoms:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/i-m-seeing-menu-tearing-when-scrolling-... 

Unfortunately, the authoritative thread in the old feedback forum appears to have gotten deleted in the migration to here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines