Lightroom Classic File naming and REsolution issue

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can anyone solve this issue. It happens to my Lightroom Classic 10 and here is screenshot.

Lightroom Classic .JPG

First I see that I can’t rename files. Custom settings window is not complete as you see and custom text area is grayed. Second issue is that I can’t set resolution over 23.

This all happen suddenly and I can’t understand what causes that.

Best regards Mikko Leinonen

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1603393170695.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1603393170696.png

GoldingD_2-1603393170697.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change custom settings, you have to choose Edit in the dropdown menu.

But the menu is incomplete, so I would try resetting the preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

I have seen the resolution bug popping up from time to time.

I have been able to get around it by choosing a different option for Resize to fit, which has allowed me to set the resolution.

Then I have changed the Resize option back to what it was.

So try setting it temporarily to Long edge.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to Create a Rename Preset from the [Edit...] menu that includes BOTH 'Custom Text' and 'Sequence Number'

ScreenShot073.jpg

Then you will have the options to type in these two fields -with the {Custom Text_Sequence} Preset.

ScreenShot074.jpg

And this Preset in the Export Dialog will look like this-

ScreenShot075.jpg

"Resolution"!  You do not have the Resize box checked- so the Export will give you a full-size (Best resolution) file! No 'Resolution' value is needed.

And another Hint- if the JPG is for general Web use, set the [Color Space] to sRGB. (AdobeRGB may be suitable for printers that can handle AdobeRGB)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.2, Photoshop 22.3, Lightroom 4.2, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

and thank you for all of you. I reset preferences and i think all is good now.

Best regards Mikko

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines