Highlighted

Lightroom Classic filling my hard disk!

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope someone could help me please.

I have an Adobe Cloud subscription with 1Tb of storage.  I mainly use Lightroom for all my editing and save  my files in Adobe Cloud for easy access on iPhone & Ipad.  I also use Lightroom Classic for printing my images.

My problem is my 1Tb iMac hard disk is almost full of various photo catalogues that I have no wish to store locally on my iMac hard disk.  How can I delete all my Lightroom Classic photos stored locally WITHOUT deleting the photos stored in Adobe Cloud?

Hadrian

Topics

How to, Import and export, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic filling my hard disk!

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope someone could help me please.

I have an Adobe Cloud subscription with 1Tb of storage.  I mainly use Lightroom for all my editing and save  my files in Adobe Cloud for easy access on iPhone & Ipad.  I also use Lightroom Classic for printing my images.

My problem is my 1Tb iMac hard disk is almost full of various photo catalogues that I have no wish to store locally on my iMac hard disk.  How can I delete all my Lightroom Classic photos stored locally WITHOUT deleting the photos stored in Adobe Cloud?

Hadrian

Topics

How to, Import and export, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have to delete anything, You should be able to move the photos to a different drive so that Lightroom Classic still knows about them.

I don't use Lightroom, but I thought since your photos were stored in the cloud, that moving them locally to a different disk would have no impact.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic needs to have access to the original files. Lightroom (cloud-based) stores your original image files in the Adobe Creative Cloud storage.

When you sync Lightroom Classic to your Cloud storage a copy of the original files there will be synced back to your computer. You have the option as to where those files are placed on your internal drive or external drive, NAS drive connected to your computer.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.4, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1