• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic folders

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe support, Since 2017 my workflow has been to import my RAW photos into a project folder YYYYMMDD_Project_Name_Camera_Filename, Than an addition folder called 1.RAW this foldert is where all my pictures will reside.

In light room this is not a problem but if i browse from my MAC finder the folder named 1.RAW is associated to an application, I've no idea when this happened as it's not often i go inside my photo hierachy, do you know of a quick (Script) that could rename all of the 1.RAW files?

Thanks John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.RAW looks to your operating system like a file name (which is 1) followed by an externsion (.RAW) indicating the file type.

I am not aware of any way to auto-rename these folders within Lightroom. And you can't auto-rename outside of Lightroom (although there might be utility programs that can do this) because it will disconnect all the photos and Lightroom won't be able to find them (then you could reconnect the folder in Lightroom one-by-one, a lot of work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like i'll need to go through every folder and rename them in LR. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the conclusion I would come to, I am averse to doing unneeded work, so unless there was some problem that you haven't mentioned, I wouldn't do the work.

Of course, my conclusion is that such a detailed folder structure is unnecessary in Lightroom, as Lightroom tools can handle all of the distinctions you have built into your folder names (and do it with more features than folders can provide).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem being from my MAC i'm not able to view the files inside the folder named 1.RAW as it thinks it's one file (In LightRoom it's ok) if in the future i no longer wish to use LR i will have to rename the folder to gain access to the files so better to do it now before ending up more hundreds of folders to rename a few years down the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Finder, for the files in that folder (well one of them) check file associations.  Not sure if a folder can have file associations, would think/hope not)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lol I've just renamed the last 2 years and have 1 years left to rename when i foung that one folder named 1. Raw was valid as a folder in finder... it turns out i made a mistake when naming the folders, I should of put a space after the . this then stops the file association. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines