• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic for Linux

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i know this topics comes up from time to time. The last i could find was from 2018, it is 3 years later. So let me ask again, are there any options yet to run Lighroom Classic with Linux? Lightroom is the last Application that keeps me dual booting into windows... right now i plan on running a Virtual Machine with windows on my next Laptop to run Lightroom until i can work with Darktable or Rawtherapie.

I would prefer staying with Lightroom, but mid to long term i want to get rid of Windows all together. So it would be great if you would support Linux 🙂

Kind regards

Mirko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mirko,

This is not the best place to send questions for this issue, the primary folks who read these messages are (1) not Adobe employees and (2) are looking for requests for help with LRC. So you are 0-2 in that regard.

You will have better luck for having an Adobe emplyee seeing this request at this web site but with a guess, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say with all the work required to get LRC updated to the various changes with the iPad, iPhone, changes in the main processor going on within the Mac world, changes in Windows and ongoing efforts to bring LRC to Android phone & Tablets, coupled with the relatively low number of Linux users (in proportion to the previous mentioned systems), the chance of a Linux version is not strong. 

But by all means do bring your request/suggestion to this website where Adobe employees do look at the responses as well as the "me toos" for the request. Do not take anything I wrote above as an excuse to not ask. After all, if you do not ask, the answer WILL be no.

https://feedback.photoshop.com

Good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your Answer, and yes i know the chances are slim, but if we Linux users dont voice our needs, nothing will change 🙂

I will check out the Feedback page.

Mirko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pace to suggest such things is at https://feedback.photoshop.com. Here we are all just users so we know nothing aboiut Adobe's plan. That said, I agree with gary that the chance of this happening is infinitesimally small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines