Lightroom Classic Glitching Out, Freezes, Crashes, Take Forever to Load Images

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a very new, quite high spec computer. 

i7-9700K 3.60Ghz Intel Processor

32GB DDR4 Memory

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GPU

Windows 10 64bit

2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD

Still, with all this my Lightroom Classic is terrible. It constantly glitches out, freezes and crashes, and even scrolling through images (24Megapixel or 42 Megapixel) it can take up to 20 seconds to load a single image in the develop module. This is extremely frustrating as I'm a professional photographer and need to edit large amounts of images in a short amount of time. 

Can anyone please advise what the heck is going on here?

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where, for LrC, do you keep your Camera RAW CACHE? What hard drive?

How large do you allow it to get?  /preferences/performance/

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5/5

Is your rig a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet, or an all in one?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue ever since I upgarded my Lightroom Classic although I'm using Macbook Pro 2015 max specs. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try creating a new catalog in Lightroom and let us know if it helps with the crash issue.
Also, if you haven't submitted a crash report, please submit it the next time Lightroom crashes and let us know. 
You may have a look at this article for more information on crash reports: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
xherics LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Asus Aura, Asus Lighting service and/or Asus Framework installed and you have Windows 20 v2004 so spring/May update of 2020, then uninstall those asus software. I had the same problem and uninstalling solved it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines