Sorry that Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 is freezing while importing images.
Where are you importing the images from and what is to destination set to in the import menu?
It doesn't allow me to get that far. As soon as I click import it hangs.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Please remove any of these external devices like hard drive, camera, card reader, phone and tablet connected to your computer and check if Lightroom still locks up as soon as you click import.
I went back to installing v3.1 and it seems to now work. Should I now update back to v4?
Thanks for the update, I'd suggest that you update to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists.
I'm having this same issue. I've tried uninstalling all Adobe software on my computer, reinstalling, optimizing my catalog, and I'm still getting the same issue.
I'm able to get into the Import screen, view the images I want to import from my CF card, select the correct destination and when I hit "Import" it completely freezes and Lightroom becomes non-responsive.
Is there something I need to do to make this work, I'm getting pretty frustrated with this bug.
Immediately worked as soon as I unplugged phone. thank you
I'm having the same issue!!! Lightroom is totally unresponsive as soon as I hit the import button. I've uninstalled adobe software completely, and reinstalled... NADA!!! if I can't fix this soon, I may actually cancel my subscription! I bought into this whole deal thinking that it'd function better, but Lightroom still creeps along like an old man! I've taken 2 trips recently and done a photoshoot, and can't even get the pics into my catalog to work on. this software is crap!
I was told to disengage graphics card..that solve the issue , but what's the point?
I've recently had the same problem with LR Classic 8.1.
My solution was to create a new catalog, and then import everything from the old catalog which has the Import problem. That worked fine, because importing to a new catalog leaves behind any rubbish that is upsetting LR. I used to do this back in the old days of LR2-5, when upgrades to LR upgraded the catalog and caused problems. I've not had to do this in recent years, but this 'Import Not responding' problem made me remember it again. It wasn't a Prefs problem, before anyone suggests it. It was faulty entries in the Adobe_Variables Table in the catalog. No need to play with that unless you are very computer literate and curious. Those faulty entries were left behind and not imported to the new catalog, so everything works properly again.