Highlighted

Lightroom Classic has stopped syncing

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac OS 10.15.5 (latest version)

Lightroom Classic 9.3 (latest version)

I've been using Lightroom Classic for more than a year with Adobe Portfolio, regularly updating galleries with photos in collections that are synced to Portfolio. Now it has stopped working. Selecting the cloud icon shows I have plenty of storage and indicates "syncing 81 photos." It never syncs. Sometimes the progress wheel turns, and sometimes it just stops.  

I have tried to research topics on this issue for the past two years and tried various suggestions to no avail.

I have deleted the sync data file at /users/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data - and currently there is no file shown there. I have quit and restarted Lightroom Classic with no change at all. I have stopped syncing all of the synced collections,  stopped Lightroom Classic, restarted again and reset the syncing for the collections. Nothing has changed and it still shows 81 photos stuck in synching.

Any help or suggestions would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED since I am totally stuck on this and need to get it working!  Thanks!

Topics

Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic has stopped syncing

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac OS 10.15.5 (latest version)

Lightroom Classic 9.3 (latest version)

I've been using Lightroom Classic for more than a year with Adobe Portfolio, regularly updating galleries with photos in collections that are synced to Portfolio. Now it has stopped working. Selecting the cloud icon shows I have plenty of storage and indicates "syncing 81 photos." It never syncs. Sometimes the progress wheel turns, and sometimes it just stops.  

I have tried to research topics on this issue for the past two years and tried various suggestions to no avail.

I have deleted the sync data file at /users/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data - and currently there is no file shown there. I have quit and restarted Lightroom Classic with no change at all. I have stopped syncing all of the synced collections,  stopped Lightroom Classic, restarted again and reset the syncing for the collections. Nothing has changed and it still shows 81 photos stuck in synching.

Any help or suggestions would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED since I am totally stuck on this and need to get it working!  Thanks!

Topics

Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your preferences into the sync tab. You should be able to get a list of tasks and what it is currently doing. Often it will be hanging on a single image. The trick then is to unsync that specific image and set it to sync again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately that tab shows no sync activity - 0 uploading, 0 downloading, 0 pending - yet the indicator in the cloud icon shows 81 photos syncing, but never changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. In that case log out of creative cloud in the creative cloud app. Reboot your computer (unexpectedly this might help). Log onto creative cloud and start Classic. If that doesn't help, reset your lightroom preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that didn't do anything - logged out of creative cloud, rebooted, logged into creative cloud, started classic. No change. Quit Classic. Restarted Classic to reset preferences to default. Still will not sync and shows 81 photos syncing. 

Earlier I deleted all synched files on the web interface. Deleted all albums on Lightroom. Deleted all files in the synched-collections in Classic. Recreated the collections. Added back in the files. Still not synching.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines