• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic iMac crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone experiencing issues with LRC crashing on their iMac this week? I've even tried doing a factory reset on my computer and redownloading LRC and finding that I can import photos just fine, but when I go to develop my computer freezes and then eventually shuts down and I get an error "Your computer was restarted because of a problem.  Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up."  

Please help 😃 Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Lightroom Classic by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Lightroom Classic to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Lightroom Classic by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Lightroom Classic to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On macOS Catalina.

Just disabled the UGP and it worked! 

Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem. Just tried your fix and it seems to be working well now! Thank you both!

PS. I am running MAC OS Big Sur Version 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem today.  It crashed my laptop six times in the last three hours. I just turned the UGP off and it seems to have fixed it. I have a Surface Book 3 with Windows 10 version 20H2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out it's still crashing just not as often, but still happens when I'm in "Develop". It just crahsed my computer twice in 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Been an issue for a few months.  I've recently upgraded my RAM, formatted my iMac and reloaded Lightroom Classic.  Same issue.  Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to LrC 10.0, there was a bug introduced in 10.1 Adobe is aware and are working on a fix, hopefully it will be released soon.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines