• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Import Hangs Up - Freezes on the Import Screen

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the newest version of Lightroom Classic yesterday and now I can't import images. Before this everything was fine. I could import images with no issue. Now when I go to import the circle in the lower left hand corner spins 1ce and then the application freezes. I can't choose an external or internal device to import from, because the application just freezes. I can drag and drop using Windows Explorer and then synchronize the parent folder and it will import, but I can't use the import function.

c2.JPG

I have tried uninstalling, cleaning my registry, and reinstalling after a reboot. I've tried simply rebooting. I've tested the integrity of the catalog. I've created a new catalog. I've reset my preferences. I've killed all processes and restarted all Adobe. I've tried starting from the desktop shortcut, starting using the CC app, starting by clicking on the catalog, and starting as administrator. I've signed in and out of the CC app. Nothing has worked.

If I click on the program it grays out and says it's not responding and asks if I would like to wait or kill the program. I've left it waiting for an hour to no avail.

This wasn't an issue before, but I've now spent the better part of 2 hours on this issue. My specs are listed below. Nothing on my system has changed since the update. No additional drives have been used. The card I'm trying to import from is fine. I've tried other cards. Same issue.

Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Enterprise Edition

Version: 10.0.17134

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.3 GHz

Built-in memory: 24476.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 24476.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 5863.5 MB (23.9%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 6836.8 MB

GDI objects count: 734

USER objects count: 2026

Process handles count: 2913

Memory cache size: 4710.0MB

Internal Camera Raw revision: 1001

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 1892MB / 12238MB (15%)

Camera Raw real memory: 1903MB / 24476MB (7%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 2560x1080, 2) 2560x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (23.21.13.9135)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my discovery.  During the stall Hit ctrl alt delete, and bring up task manager. Now close the task manager window by selecting the x in the top corner. Do not select end process.   All of a sudden the Lightroom import starts working ok until all previous imports in lightroom are deleted and reimport is attempted. Looks like there is a problem with Lightroom talking to the Windows 10 version I am using.   I am using the latest Win 10 1909 update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Lightroom is not reliable. I've literally tried everything. If it cannot perform a simple task it is not worth it. Adobe is so bad with fixing bugs not only in Lightroom, Premiere, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.2 would not import after I had changed the Raw Defaults setting in Preferences of Camera Raw, Master to "Camera Settings" and checked the box Use Default Specific to Camera Model. When I changed the Master setting back to "Adobe Default" and unchecked Use Default Specific to Camera Model, Lightroom Classic 9.2 resumed importing as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this thread, trying to figure out why my desktop (Win10) would not import images after the LR Classic October 2020 upgrade. I tried everything. I tried it on my laptop, after upgrading to the October 2020 release, and it worked there! Then I started to notice that I was having trouble with the file tree browser function in Windows Explorer, and then system shutdown started taking over 10 minutes! I couldn't figure it out, but I suspected that maybe the LR issue was related to everything else. After trying many things mentioned in this thread to no avail, I disconnected my only peripheral drive, a Sony XQD/SD Card Reader. 

Just removing the card reader fixed every problem I described above. My suspicion is that I had an XQD card in the drive. The XQD card was disconnected, but maybe it was making intermittent contact to the reader, causing some interference. But, once I disconnected the drive, removed the card, rebooted, and went back into LR, everything worked fine.

BTW, I was also able to reconnect the card reader. So, I suspect that it was an intermittent contact issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was solved for me once I unplugged my phone from my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is easy to solve... just remove your iphone, external drive, external card, etc... is trying to read from there and hence why it hangs, freezes, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed mine too.  I rarely have my phone connected, but I happened to be transferring some files from my phone to my computer...  

I'm not sure why Lightroom has to try to go through all the added items when they are not being imported from, or used at all.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine always locks up for a while then works as normal to show progress then lockes up again and so on until the import is complete:

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 12.56.37 PM.jpg

2022 Mac Studio

20-core Ultra - 48-core GPU

128GB RAM

2TB internal SSD (56% full)

32" LG 32EP950 + 27" LG 27MU67 screens

MacOS Ventura 13.3 but has been happening for Ventura <13.3

Lightroom Classice 12.2.1 but happening on versions previous to this

I use various SD cards from a pool of 12. All are 64GB varieties of SanDisk Extreme Pro (95MB/s, 170Mb/s) and Lexar UHC-II and UHC-I. I've been using these for seveal years and not an issue until recent LR versions

I'm using a Lexar SD card reader a backside TB4 port using USB adapter, but the same issue happens when I use the built-in SD card reader on the front of the Mac Studio.

The import speed doesn't seem to be impacted. It's just that the UI totally locks up and beachballs. 

[ â—‰"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines