• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Import issue the import window is blank

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I need some help, my adobe lightroom Classic is giving me a headache. Recently my light room stopped letting me import photos into it, when i go through the process of importing it brings up the screen but no photos. I can try and drag and drop them into it, but then it wont even do anything from there. It gives me no error messages nothing just a blank import screen. Any idea of what the problem could possibly be... I am on a Mac Book air.

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: click on COPY, then make sure the Destination panel on the right hand side is present, expanded and points to a valid existing folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see you posted this in 2019, but i had to tell you thank you so much for this tip!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Taylor,

That does not sound like a typical Lightroom experience, could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom Classic you're working on?

As the import window is blank, could you please try the suggestion by Paige and see if it helps?

You may also try updating to the most recent version of Lightroom Classic which is 8.4 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my screen i get doesn't matter if i drag in photos or try and put the import button it just refreshes to a blank screen. I have the 2017 version I believe. I can't seem to find it though.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 1.45.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my screen i get doesn't matter if i drag in photos or try and put the import button it just refreshes to a blank screen. I have the 2017 version I believe. I can't seem to find it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And only the internal boot drive is shown, so where is the SD card, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ taylorb could you expand the user folder in the source panel left side. Maybe thats the location of your picture files! ?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated version of Lightroom classic on my new MacBook Pro. When I try to import photos via my SD card, selecting copy and choosing the file folder the pics should copy to ( external hard drive) . Light room creates another sub folder with just the date on it. But It doesn’t show the main folder chosen when looking for photos in Lightroom.

Also, after update was done Lightroom now states the administrator on my Macbook must give some permission.

Did all that was stated to do via adobe web site, but nothing works...

any help would be appreciated.

kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Light room creates another sub folder with just the date on it. But It doesn’t show the main folder chosen when looking for photos in Lightroom.

I'm not sure what this means. Explain further, and show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Have you taken your SD card out of the camera and placed it into an SD card reader?

Is the SD card reader internal to the computer (as common on laptops)?

or is the SD card reader connected to the computer?

2. Or,  is the SD card still in the camera, and the camera is connected to the computer?

Can you see the camera in Finder (MAC) Explorer (WIN)

3. Or, is the SD card still in the camera, and you want to transfer over WiFi?

Can you see the camera in Finder (MAC) Explorer (WIN)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines