Highlighted

Lightroom Classic Import Problems - Lightroom doesn't see all files on both Mac & Windows

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting with a Fuji X-T3 in RAW on one card and JPEG on another. I'm having a hell of a time getting Lightroom to import all my photos.

I'm using Lightroom Classic on both Mac and PC. I've been trying import from the camera (connected to PC/Mac with USB-C) or via a hard drive (photos manually copied from camera).

I have 7 folders. In the first, there are 19 photos - 10 jpegs and 9 dngs (converted on Mac). Lightroom sees 10 files - 9 dngs and 1 jpeg.

I have "don't import suspected duplicates" unchecked. It doesn't matter if I select "Copy as DNG" "Copy" "Move" or "Add" - Lightroom only sees the 10 files.

I was having similar issues on my Mac. I'd end up with duplicate DNGs, but no JPGs. I'd ahve to restart the camera multiple times to try and get the JPGs to eventually show.

I don't know why this is proving so difficult. All I wanted to do was select ~20 photos and send them over to my phone. Is there a known bug currently? I pay for LR to save time, but I'm seriously reconsidering that investment. Any help appreciated!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Please go to the Preferences for Lightroom Classic, then General and check the option to Treat jpegs next to Raw files as separate files. Once done, quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic.

Screenshot_11.png

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic Import Problems - Lightroom doesn't see all files on both Mac & Windows

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting with a Fuji X-T3 in RAW on one card and JPEG on another. I'm having a hell of a time getting Lightroom to import all my photos.

I'm using Lightroom Classic on both Mac and PC. I've been trying import from the camera (connected to PC/Mac with USB-C) or via a hard drive (photos manually copied from camera).

I have 7 folders. In the first, there are 19 photos - 10 jpegs and 9 dngs (converted on Mac). Lightroom sees 10 files - 9 dngs and 1 jpeg.

I have "don't import suspected duplicates" unchecked. It doesn't matter if I select "Copy as DNG" "Copy" "Move" or "Add" - Lightroom only sees the 10 files.

I was having similar issues on my Mac. I'd end up with duplicate DNGs, but no JPGs. I'd ahve to restart the camera multiple times to try and get the JPGs to eventually show.

I don't know why this is proving so difficult. All I wanted to do was select ~20 photos and send them over to my phone. Is there a known bug currently? I pay for LR to save time, but I'm seriously reconsidering that investment. Any help appreciated!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Please go to the Preferences for Lightroom Classic, then General and check the option to Treat jpegs next to Raw files as separate files. Once done, quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic.

Screenshot_11.png

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Screenshot_11.png

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That's the option I needed.

Just a suggestion - it may be useful to have this option visible in the import pane.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can submit your idea as a feature request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

This forum is monitored directly by our product team. They can review the feature request and may implement the idea in a future update.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines