• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic importing photos into incorrect dated folders

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, ever since I got my Canon 5D Mark IV I have started having some issues with lightroom when importing photos. I will upload photos (sometimes it happens immediately and sometimes it happens later when I go back into LR) and it will all of a sudden separate my photos into two different folders with different dates and even combine past sessions with a new session, but divide up and move the photos into separate folders with incorrect dates. I upload everything into folders by the date they were shot. I did not customize my File name for my memory card in camera so it has just been using the preset code. Is this a LR issue? Memory card issue or in camera issue? It does not happen every time I upload photos. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I would do is to check to see if the camera clock is set properly. If the clock is off by 12 hours (or even some other number of hours), I can see how photos might wind up in different folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, even if the camera clock is set accurately for your home location, travel timezone can have an unwanted effect if you haven't made the right allowance for that within the camera settings. The net effect can be, that all photos actually taken (say) after the local 4pm might file with the subsequent day's photos, or else those taken (say) before the local 11am might file with the previous day's photos, when it comes to importing into LR.

After import to LR the photos can have their capture date and time offset by the right number of hours, regardless whether that is necessary because of a wrong clock or because of timezone - but that's too late so far as auto-filing by date. It's not too big a task to drag the affected photos into the right day folder after this has happened, but it is IMO also worthwhile for the capture time metadata to properly reflect the local time of day when taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines