• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic initiation problem

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start Lightroom Classic; the splash window appears, then the Library window appears. If I click any option (e.g., file, an image), the splash window reappears and the program hangs up with the "not responding" message in the title bar and the eternal cursor spinning. I have done full restarts; no help. I have uninstalled LR Classic, done a full restart, and reinstalled LR Classic. No joy. If this is a catalog problem I cannot correct it because I can't change to another catalog. I have exhausted the Usual Suspects (corrective actions). Advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the same "not responding" if I mouse click anywhere on the Lr interface BEFORE it has fully completed loading all the catalog and all folders in the folder panel are clear (not greyed out).

Give it more time to load. Be patient. See if the problem ceases.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had waited at least ten minutes while the cursor spun. I examined the folder containing the current LR catalog and noted a file with the same name as the catalog and the extension LRCAT-WAL. I suspected this file is an artifact left over from some sort of improper closeout of the application; I renamed this file and initiated LR Classic, which is now functioning correctly. This may be a case of UDL (User Dumb Luck), but I'm taking it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue and it's so frustrating since it doesn't happen all the time... just MOST of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both the WAL  file and the Lock file are temporary files created when you launch your catalog, normally they are deleted when you close Lightroom Classic. If the Lock file exists, then Lightroom will refuse to open the catalog, and Lightroom Classic will close, with no error message.

These files are not deleted if Lightroom Classic is closed abnormally as in a crash.

https://lightroomkillertips.com/which-files-can-i-delete/

So, did Lightroom Classic crash? And was the WAL file alone? That is without the Lock file? Odd, would expect both not existing (good) or both existing(bad)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines