• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic install hangs at 43%

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic installation stalls at 43%.  I am on Win 10 64-bit.  So far I have had 2 separate agents from Adobe Support remotely log onto my machine and all they have managed to achieve in three and a half  hours is download and install Desktop App via DDL - I did that within 30 minutes!
The agents tried all the predictable fixes - deactivate anti-virus, disable Firewall, uninstall Desktop App, uninstall PShop and LR - all to no avail.  So, with little faith in Adobe Support I reach out to the community, having already tried all the 'fixes' lissted on Adobe support pages.
I should say that the stall also occurs at the same 43% on my second Win 10 PC (configured differently from my main PC), which leads me to think that there is an incompatibility that occurs when LR Classic installation reaches 43% (to reiterate, Firewall and anti-virus have been disbaled on both machines).
Separately Photoshop also hangs on installation,but only proceeds to 6% before it hangs.
Grateful for any ideas how I can overcome these stubborn, frustrating issues.
Of course I do have the option of cancelling my Adobe suscription and move to alternaitve applications that just work.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to ignore what Adobe tried remotely, basically I am going to assume they failed at a step anyone could have done at the computer. And reccomend you do these steps yourself, in a particular order. Yes, you may have already.

1 Read: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

2. From that, follow the link in step 1 to uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Just the one App.

3. Download a fresh new copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. And install it.

4. Sign in to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Sign out, sign in. Watching for any errors.

5. See if that helped. If not continue to the next step in that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  Tried all that and eventually managed to get a DDL from an Adobe agent.

Problem remains now that I am trying to update to LR 19.2.  Looks like another long evening with Adobe reaching to my PC, conceding defeat and then send me the DDL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Lightroom Classic are you running? Is that version of Lightroom functioning efficiently?

Are you trying to update the LR Classic 9.2 which was released this morning? If so I would wait until things settle and you get some info from others who have actually completed the update.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines