• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic is being slow sluggish on my iMac Pro

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a real issue with Lightroom acting slow/slugish, more so than I expected when using an iMac Pro - Which I paid the extra £££ for to avoid issues like this!

It seems to take a few seconds to render a ne image in the develope module, but the worst is the adjustment brush which will take a few seconds to show changes or change to the mask, sometimes I even get the spinning pizza of death!

Any suggestions? 

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow brushing, and slow rendering in the develop module has been reported many times.

These things make the issue worse:

• 4K or large monitor
  • large image size (let's say 30 megapixels or more)

Turning off the GPU acceleration will help the brushing speed, but it might make other things slower. Doing brushing in Photoshop ought to eliminate the brushing speed problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom on your iMac. Would you mind sharing the System Info with us by going to the Help menu in Lightroom > System info?

Since when are you facing this issue? You can try the steps mentioned in the link below to check if that helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 9.2 [ 202001311240-2d026470 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-GB
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.14.6 [18G103]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.2 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 16,419.8 MB (50.1%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 39,749.7 MB
Memory cache size: 1,229.1MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.2 [ 384 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 3148MB / 16383MB (19%)
Camera Raw real memory: 3237MB / 32768MB (9%)
Displays: 1) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56

i'm aware that im still on an older IOS would this make a difrenec? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. Did you try disabling the Graphics processor as suggested by dj_paige or resetting the preferences of Lightroom? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have a 5K monitor and are doing brushing. Could you please state the size of photos that your camera takes (in pixels or megapixels; do not tell me megabytes)

Unfortunately, this is a common complaint, that brushing is slow with a 5K monitor. I don't know if anyone has a good solution, I haven't heard a good solution/workaround, other than to do the brushing in Photoshop. If anyone has a 5K monitor and brushing is not slow, please speak up and provide the details of your hardware and Lightroom settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sad to hear this! I have same problem on a Windows Machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry that you are facing the same issue. Would you mind sharing the version of Windows you are running?

Have you tried the recommended steps to check if that makes a difference?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find it rather depressing that this issue still persists after all those years.

Have you tried to reduce the size of the Lightroom window to say half as per this article?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

I'm not suggesting this as a solution, but it would confirm that it is indeed the screen resolution that LR struggles with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines