• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic is frozen

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was importing photos when I got the message that my disk space was critically low. The importing of my photos stopped, so I cleared space on my disk in order to continue importing. When I went back to Lightroom it was unresponsive. After numerous failed attempts to jumpstart the importing I closed the program. Now I can't open Lightroom at all. Lightroom is also stopping my Mac from restarting or shutting down. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please check if there's a .lock file next to the appropriate catalog file. If yes, then delete this .lock file and try to start Lightroom.

If Lightroom is running it creates a .lock file for the opened catalog next to the approriate .lrcat file. 

On LRs regulary shut down this file was deleted. If LR crashes the .lock file remains and must be deleted manually. 

More informations about this, you'll find here:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

If this doesn't help try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines