• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic is too slow on Mac

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have updated Lightroom Classic it has slow down extremely. 

When I'm adjusting the brightness or any other adjustment on any size photo it takes about 15seconds in average to respond. If I have to zoom in on a photo it will take for ever to enlarge the image. 

It's just not useable. Please is there anyone can help and let me know how to fix this? I am using a Mac.

I appreciate it.

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is running slow on your computer running macOS.

Which exact version of Lightroom Classic are you using and what is the macOS version? Please check that the app is updated to the latest version as mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html

You may try the below mentioned steps to check if that helps with the performance of the application.

1. Go to the Preferences for Lightroom Classic > Performance and uncheck the option to Use Graphic Processor (Select Off from the drop down)
  2. Increase the Maximum Size under the Camera Raw Cache Settings from 5GB to 15 or 20GB.
  3. Check the option to Use Smart Previews instead of Originals for image editing
  4. Uncheck the option to Generate Previews in parallel

Untitled picture.png

5. Go to the General tab under Preferences and check the option to Replace Embedded previews with standard previews during idle time. 

Untitled picture 2.png

Then quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic and test the application for a while to check if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi akash,

Thank you, for your responce.

I have the latest updated 9.2.1.

I went with your recomendations and even redownload the Lightroom again and it is better but not like before that use to be faster. before your instructions it would take about 35 seconds to go from one photo to another. Now it takes 5-8 second to go between images. I still think there is something wrong and I can't figure it out. I did happened when I download the update and since been acting slow. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to fix the speed. 

Thank you,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Matt and it's good to know that optimizing the app settings somewhat improved the performance. 

Are you using macOS Catalina? Would you mind checking out the steps mentioned in this article  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html and let us know if that helps? 

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines