• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Issues with Sync

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all of you smart people. I have been trying to sync a collection so that I can share it with someone thru a link. I am signed in to Lightroom Classic, and Adobe. In the top right, at the cloud, it says that everything has been synced (there is a little green check mark on the cloud). When I look at Catalog, there are 0 photos in "All Synced Photographs". When I right click on the collection I would like to share, I don't get that option in the dropdown. I would also like to be able to synck with Lightroom Mobile. I would love it if someone could please help me. Thanks very much! Jamie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the only collection you have ever tried to sync in Lightroom Classic?

It sounds like your very first step (Syncing the Collection) has not actually happened. Do you see a little icon of a two ended arrow to the very left of the collection in the collection panel or a box? If you still see a box, click on that. You will see a two ended arrow (half arrow heads) appear in place of the box and syncing will take place.

Once you have synced the collection, Open Lightroom and the synced collection will appear as an "Album" there. From there, you can sync the album of photos to a web page and provide the link to that web page to anyone you like.

Once every thing is synced, the albul will also appear in Lightroom mobile on any device you have that is logged in to creative cloud.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually meant to mention that. I know there are supposed to be the two
ended arrow to the left of the collection, and nothing is there. Thanks for
your help. Yes, I am new at syncing, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jamiegh So when you click on the box at the far left end of the collection name, what happens? Are you in the Collections Panel? Here is the Collection panel with a few collections showing. These collections of mine do not show the boxes or the arrows, because this catalog is not synced, because another one is.   Yours should show the boxes to check for syncing, unless you are already syncing another catalog. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 6.55.19 PM.png

Is there a chance you are already syncing another catalog?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am brand new at this. When I looked again, it looks that files have been sync'd with some of the collections that I just added. For those collections, I do see the little two way arrow. I think what happened is that it was sycing with "Smart Collections" which I think was always there (I didn't add it). I didn't know it was syncing bc there are folders within that collection. Somehow I have a "from Lightroom" collection that I didn't add. There's a subfolder in that that has the date/time with the little arrows. I may delete that. The other one that I wanted sync'd, actually also had another folder within it for this year. That subfolder has the little arrows. So I think I'm good. Thanks for helping me! I really appreciate it! Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Lightroom only sync one collection at a time? So if I want to sync another collection, then I have to tell it to stop sycing with the one folder and start syncing with the other? Lastly, how do I sync things with Lightroom Mobile? Do just the collections sync with that too? Ahhh, so many questions. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jamiegh Lightroom Classic can only sync one "Catalog" at a time. Within that Catalog, you can sync all the collections you want.

Lightroom will automatically sync all the Lightroom Classic collections as Albums. Just start up Lightroom on your desktop or any other device and the sync will start.

You can also see all your synced collections at lightroom.adobe.com.

The only reason you might not see the collections/albums is in the very unlikely possibility that you are signed into Creative Cloud with a totally different Adobe account ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines