• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic keeps crashing after launch

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning when I started up Lightroom Classic it would open, freeze, and then crash. I tried resetting preferences, restarting my computer, and updating Windows, but nothing seems to work. I've been trying to follow this article (https://shotkit.com/lightroom-keeps-crashing/) but because Lightroom won't stay open long enough to allow me to click anything, I haven't had any luck. Any help is appreciated! Thank you 🙂

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Hi there, 

We are sorry about the experience due to Lightroom Classic crashing. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the application to check if that helps?

Try launching Lightroom Classic with the Ctrl+Alt keys pressed. You should get a window asking you to select a catalog or create a new catalog. Create a new catalog through that window and check if you are able to launch Lightroom with that.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry about the experience due to Lightroom Classic crashing. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the application to check if that helps?

Try launching Lightroom Classic with the Ctrl+Alt keys pressed. You should get a window asking you to select a catalog or create a new catalog. Create a new catalog through that window and check if you are able to launch Lightroom with that.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj!

Thank you so much for your help. The new catalog worked after I reinstalled it. I guess the catalog must have gotten corrupt. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if you lose your not backed up content if you uninstall and reinstall this. I have pictures I was working on that were not backed up. Hours of work and then all of a sudden, LR won't open. Were all of of you photos still there after doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! If you uninstall and the reinstall Lightroom your photos should still be there. They aren’t stored in Lightroom but will be somewhere on your hardrive or external drives. You’ll want to keep track of your Lightroom catalog because that holds your organization of photos and edits. Uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom won’t effect the catalog but you might need to remember where it is for when you reopen Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again! I'm reaching out because the issue has started again today. Is there something that I could be doing that would make the catalog corrupt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!! Eureka!!!! I got it!!! Since long ago, my Lightroom Classic (all new editions, since 1 year ago) kept crashig after launch. I tried every possibility described in this and a lot of other pages. I almost give up. But, because of my obstinacy, I tried again and again and at last I found the problem. Quite easy to solve. Go to File/ Plug-in manager and disable one by one or all of the plug-ins until you found the culprit!!! Thats all!!! And good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Titvs
How do You goto "File/ Plug-in manager" when Your Lightroom keeps crashing right after start up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you remember which plugin you disabled that stopped the crashing?  That would be very helpful to others.  (Was it a Logitech plugin by any chance?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear johnrellis: I disabled all of them, and as I never use it, I leaved like that. But you can try disabling one by one; it takes more time, but if that's what you need, do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I disabled all of them, and as I never use it, I leaved like that."

Sounds good. If you had done one at a time and discovered which plugin was causing the problems, that would have been useful information to others having the same symptoms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right! But, believe me, I'm afraid to touch something wrong and break once again the program!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How do You goto "File/ Plug-in manager" when Your Lightroom keeps crashing right after start up?"

Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

If that doesn't help, try uninstalling and reinstalling LR -- you won't lose your catalog or photos.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You johnrellis
But first I have a huge job cleaning up my photo files. Fore some reasen that I cant explain some of my folders have multiplied them self and placed a copy in other folders. Until now I have deleted more than 5000 dublicat files.
When I'm finished I will come back, and if nessecary try Your Link.
Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I had to creat a new Catalog with a new name and them import everytihing from the old one. Then I deleted the old Catalog and renamed the the new one to the old ones name. And now everything is working fine.
I even godt a bonus out of it. I got all the photos that was not imported imported. So now I have all my photos in Lightroom.

Thaks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines