lightroom Classic keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 and when I start up lightroom it opens but when I try to do anything it crashes.  It crashes at different times after a task or two.  What should I do to keep it from crashing?  As it is it's unusable.

Moderator: Moved from  Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  This seems to have worked.  How come I have to reset preferences in Lightroom and Photoshop so often?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something on your computer is corrupting the preference file(s).  that could be a cleaner, av etc.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I’ll try to check it out

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another point that you can try is to deactivate the GPU support.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I tried that didnt work.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is license expiry on a 3rd party dll file for face recognition. Adobe need to provide a fix. More information here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v610-crashes-in-the...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines