• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic keeps freezing

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run my Catalog consisting of about 30.000 photos it keeps freezing in developing module. I have tried various graphic settings, CPU prio settings, ... When I analyse the performance I saw that at the times Lightroom freezes the RAM is fully used by Lightroom. (about 18 GBit)

System Settings on most recent Lightroom, startet about 4 months ago.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600, AMD Vega 56, 24 GBit RAM, enough SSD storage ...

I have the feeling that the recent conversion of my catalog caused some fault.

Any Ideas? Maybe also on how to create a new catalog and import all the picture data of the old one.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

I think you would be best to report this issue on the Lightroom classic feedback forum https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872 as LrC QA team monitor the feedback fourm much more closely than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic? We need the version NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

What is the version NUMBER of your operating system? We need the version NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

When this happens, does the whole computer freeze requiring a re-start? Or is just Lightroom Classic frozen but the rest of the computer works properly?

What actions in the Develop Module seem to cause this?

This is most likely not related to your catalog, and creating a new catalog is not likely to have any impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your defining questions.

Lightroom Classic Version: v.10.1.1

Windows: W10 202H (19042.789)

The computer freezes for about 5 seconds, no mousemovement possible, switching to other programs is not possible. No restart required. The only ressource that occurs to be used heavily is the RAM
The freezing definately occurs when using filters, local adjustments and spot removal. If I close Lightroom Classic before RAM is fully used it takes longer to get into the freezing state (which as I mentioned lasts 5-10sec).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the Graphics acceleration in Lightroom CLassic. Go to Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Processor should be set to OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When LR crashes or freezes, one of the first fixes to try is resetting the preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.htm

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers, here an update on the issue: I've upgraded the amount of RAM from 16GBit to 24. The descibed problems (in short using about 50-70% of the available RAM) from above persisted but didn´t matter due to the large amount of newly available RAM (then using about 9-10 GBits of RAM). Now, a few months later, the problem returned. Lightroom classic alone is again using up to 60% of the available RAM (now equivalent to about 14 GBits of RAM). After every freeze every 30 seconds (when applying sharpening, filters, local adjustments) the RAM drops down to about 40% (about 10 GBits) and I can work for another 30 seconds.

Updated all drivers, CC, Lightroom Classic. Restarted, closed any running programms, reseted the preferences. Any more Ideas?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry upgraded another 8 to 32 (not 24 GBit of RAM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you would be best to report this issue on the Lightroom classic feedback forum https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872 as LrC QA team monitor the feedback fourm much more closely than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, I m going to do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a solution?? I feel lightroom is TERRIBLE in this aspect and just keeps crashing for me too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. It seems that with each upgrade I get more and more freezing time, even though my computer clearly meets their spec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines