• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic keeps hanging causing computer restarts since installing 10.1

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to Creative Cloud Lightroom and Photoshop. Both programs worked as expected.  Since updating to the new 10.1 Lightroom my iMac keeps freezing with that darn beach ball going round and round and ... Consequently I have to shut down the computer and restart. I am running macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6. I welcome suggestions on how to fix my issue so I can use Lightroom again.  My thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Disabling the GPU is not a satisfactory fix.

I suggest downgrading to LRC 10.0 until Adobe releases a fix for this problem. The Creative Cloud app makes this pretty easy.  Select "All Apps" in the left column. Go to the Lightroom Classic row and click on the 3 dots. Select "Other versions". Click "Install" next to "Lightroom Classic (10.0)". You may also want to temporarily disable notifications for new versions, since it will nag you about upgrading to 10.1 otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, I have the same problem since the update, just tried Adobe Cleaner but the same - when I want to develop a file (RAW but even JPG) the whole system freezes. maybe the graphic card ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off GPU in Lightroom preferences an see it it helps. Reboot Lightroom when you have turned it off. There are some known issues with earlier Macs like 2015 models.

A858A87A-085D-4E73-8CC9-7F4958D4D925.jpeg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - problem solved for now downgrading the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the GPU is not a satisfactory fix.

I suggest downgrading to LRC 10.0 until Adobe releases a fix for this problem. The Creative Cloud app makes this pretty easy.  Select "All Apps" in the left column. Go to the Lightroom Classic row and click on the 3 dots. Select "Other versions". Click "Install" next to "Lightroom Classic (10.0)". You may also want to temporarily disable notifications for new versions, since it will nag you about upgrading to 10.1 otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - now I can work again with the software - Incredible that Adobe is releasing such an Update . greetings to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happend to a friend of mine on an older iMac. LrC V 10.0 was fine, but he got this problem when he updated to V 10.1 against my advice. Once he rolled it back to V 10.0, all is well.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all so very, very much for responding to my query. Since following the advice given to uninstall 10.1 Lightroom Classic (and thnkfully the method on how to do it), and reinstall Lightroom Classic 10, all is good again. I had thought my raw files all corrupted, and thankfully they are not. Once again, my sincere and grateful thanks to everyone who responded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solution. What a mess! I've had to restart my computer four times today because of this 10.1 bug — it freezes the entire system within minutes of attempting to use the Develop Module in Lightroom not even allowing the Finder to open the Force Quit dialog, and also interferes with normal operations in Library — you can't move more than one file at a time from one folder to another, which is ridiculous. I have to say next time Adobe shows me one of those random satisfaction surveys they're getting a low mark from me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you write to Adobe? I will do it and protest. My whole system crashed & I wasn't able to finish a job with my iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I filed a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guy, I've spent +2hours with Adobe Support chat, explaining them this problem and solution. 

NONSTOP they kept telling me that this is my problem because I have network drives connected. 

This is not even rude, this is total ignorance!

10.1 update might have been pulled immediately. Did not happed and will not happen. Fix, many in many weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you 'speaking' to a real person or 'typing' into a chat box? Not that it really matters as neither the person nor the 'chat computer' will have been updated to understand this issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines