Highlighted

Lightroom Classic keeps importing images rated with one star (they have not been rated).

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic (9.0 release). For some reason, every image now automatically imports with a one star rating.  They should NOT have any rating. I can't figure out how to make it stop! Not sure why it started (never did it before).  And if my images do have a rating, perhaps from another LR catalog, it overwrites the rating back to one star when importing.  HELP!

Thanks!

Sara

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by john_beardsworth | Adobe Community Professional

You are probably applying a metadata preset when you import, and this preset includes rating.

Identify the preset and edit it. Uncheck all fields, then check only those you really want it to apply.

Topics

Bug, Import and share, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic keeps importing images rated with one star (they have not been rated).

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic (9.0 release). For some reason, every image now automatically imports with a one star rating.  They should NOT have any rating. I can't figure out how to make it stop! Not sure why it started (never did it before).  And if my images do have a rating, perhaps from another LR catalog, it overwrites the rating back to one star when importing.  HELP!

Thanks!

Sara

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by john_beardsworth | Adobe Community Professional

You are probably applying a metadata preset when you import, and this preset includes rating.

Identify the preset and edit it. Uncheck all fields, then check only those you really want it to apply.

Topics

Bug, Import and share, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sara W LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Not sure why all of a sudden it was adding that to the metadata set we have always used, but indeed that's where it was.  I appreciate it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines