• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Keywords DO NOT Auto-fill

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just created a new catalog.  I have imported all of my keywords from prior catalogs.  My prior catalogs ALL work perfectly, when I type "Michael" a list drops down with every Michael I have ever tagged, Michael Smith, Michael Jackson, et al.  However my new catalog does not do this.  If I type Michael, I only see a very very small amount of Michael's in the dropdown.  I have checked and unchecked the autocomplete box, yes yes yes.  But it still doesnt work.  That being said when I create a new keyword for the event I am at "PFW Men's Fall/Winter 2020/2021" when I type "PFW" on my next import to the same event, THIS keyword autopopulates.  If I type in "Paris" I do not get the drop down option of keywording just "Paris" but only "Paris Hilton" who I have tagged in older photos. Help me!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As the keywords are not working as expected, could you please let us know the version of  Lightroom you're working on?

Also, how did you add keywrods from the older catalogs to the new one?

Could you please go to Edit > Catalog Settings > Metadata and make sure the Offer suggestions from recently entered values is checked?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is checked.  I imported my keywords as I have done every time I start a new catalog.  From importing them from the previous catalog using the "Import Keywords" from the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for example, I entered a new keyword which I mispelled:  "Portriat".  I immediately deleted this keyword from my keyword list, HOWEVER now every time I start to type "Port..." I get the dropdown option of "Portriat" and not my actual keyword which exists in my keyword list "Portrait."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightoom 9.1 and it auto updates.  Remember:  My 2019 catalog works perfectly.  As do all of my catalogs since I started using Lightroom in 2010.  ALL of my keywords work in my 2019 catalog on the SAME version of Lightroom, AND my keywords have been imported FROM my 2019 catalog to my new faulty 2020 catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I type in "Portriat" i get double drop downs even though no such category exists in my keywords listWhen I type in "Portriat" i get double drop downs even though no such category exists in my keywords list"Portriat" does not exist in my keywords list"Portriat" does not exist in my keywords listWhen I type in "Portrait" nothing is offered as an option however it IS in my keywords listWhen I type in "Portrait" nothing is offered as an option however it IS in my keywords listHere you see it in my keywords list!Here you see it in my keywords list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I type in Michael Moon nothing is suggested.When I type in Michael Moon nothing is suggested.But you can clearly see that it exists in my keyword listBut you can clearly see that it exists in my keyword listWhen I type in "PFW Men's" I get all of these suggestions, it's not EVERY season however.  It's only some, but my most recent keyword shows up as an option.When I type in "PFW Men's" I get all of these suggestions, it's not EVERY season however. It's only some, but my most recent keyword shows up as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I must optimise my catalog every day or some tasks like saving metadata, applying a preset, or moving files can take hours.  If I optimise, they are extremely fast.  I've never had ANY of these issues before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More things I've noticed, and I'll keep adding to this as no one seems to be helping:

1:  The box to choose the sound after import reads "Pop" however the sound made after import is not the "pop" sound.

2:  I have since created 3 new catalogs and imported my keywords from my 2019 catalog.  ALL new catalogs are excessively slow, exhibiting the same keyword issues as I've been mentioning.  However my 2019 catalog itself is flawless.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing  Look what happens when I type "Michael".  It brings up this list of random Michael's but all of them are duplicated, and Michael Moon is not one of them.Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.06.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so you cannot help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you didn't fully read my post where I say "I have checked and unchecked the autocomplete box, yes yes yes.  But it still doesnt work."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue since I've merged 2 catalogs. It's very annoying when you have complex keywords not to have auto compete working with all keywords. There should be a way to initialize the auto complete function with the current list !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have same issue since I've merged 2 catalogs. It's very annoying when you have complex keywords not to have auto compete working with all keywords. There should be a way to initialize the auto complete function with the current list !!!"

If you also posted in the other forum about typing face names not providing auto suggestions, see my answer:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/dont-fill-face-names-when-type-first-letter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we delete the Lightroom preferences automatically, we must correct the problems of the labels and therefore should not give problems when merging catalogs. This can be done if you are on a Mac holding down the option button when opening the lightromm, the previous preferences are automatically deleted and created with the new changes they are going to make, try that, sorry for the English but I am from Ecuador and very bad for the translation 😞 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I am having these exact symptoms with my keywords after importing from one catalog to another.  Did you ever get a resolution?

Thanks,
Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year old discussion. For better results, please post your own. When you do, include your system info as LrC reports it.  (/Help/System Info/  copy that, include info from first line down to and including plugin info, donot include info after plugininfo, gets to long)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully, the thread may be a year old, but the examples are very relevant, with no solution. I'm having the same issue after importing keywords from another catalog when I started a new catalog due to some obscure issue (per Adobe suggestion). Since then, keywords I enter during import aren't all saved, and auto-complete doesn't work, no matter the settings in catalog prefs>Metadata. The "missing" keywords are in the Keyword list, and are on the photos in the catalog as expected, but I cannot get most of them to auto-suggest, and new ones I enter on import aren't saved.

Lightroom Classic version: 10.2 [ 202103041821-226a1211 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.14.6 [18G9028]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 4.2 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 49,152.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 49,152.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 9,772.5 MB (19.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 27,316.0 MB
Memory cache size: 1,169.5MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.2 [ 738 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 2892MB / 24575MB (11%)
Camera Raw real memory: 2951MB / 49152MB (6%)
Displays: 1) 4096x2304

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 580

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/xxxx/Pictures/Lightroom/AJW Master Catalog/AJW Master rebuild Nov2020/AJW Master rebuild Nov2020.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the Helper.lrdata file/folder often fixes problems with keyword auto-complete:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-deleting-a-keyword-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John. That did the trick perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally worked (shockingly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to revive this problem.  

I have been using LR since version 5 and have accumulated hundreds of keywords.  Each update went without a hitch transferring keywords without any problem.  The autofill with suggestions worked brilliantly and made keywording much easier.  I have now upgraded to version 11 and the whole system has failed.  

The keyword list contains all of the key words, but autofill no longer makes suggestions.  If I add a new keyword it enters the list and will be autosuggested.  Old keywords are not autosuggested.  I deleted a few old key words and then added them again as a new  keyword.  Now they are autofilled as a suggestion.  

In other words only newly added keywords to version 11 are added to auto-fill.  

Even stranger if I type only part of an old keyword, it gets added as a new keyword and is then auto suggested.  But if I type a full keyword that was in the old keyword list,but with different capitalization, LR will then correct it to the original old keyword list.  But it will still not auto-fill.

I already tried deleting helper.lrdata with no change.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! Thank you! Deleting that file solved the issue. Bless you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines