Lightroom Classic Laggy on Mac Pro 2010

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

My Lightroom is being laggy on my Mac Pro Mid 2010.

I've upgraded it to Mojave with PCIE Card for an ssd (samsung EVO 860 - 512GB) to boot, and it has a new Graphics card (Radeon Pulse RX580 8GB) with 24GB ram. PCIE slot with USB 3.0 ports.

Before the pandemic Lightroom was working just fine and absolutely fast within the same configuration as it still does on my Macbook pro Retina Mid 2012 16GB ram.

Lightroom is on the latest version on both my Macs (10.1.1). And I can't seem to understand why everything is lagging by a second. It's with each and everything, be it clicking next on photos, to changing collections, and all else. Camera Raw is working absolutely fine without too much lag.

I have tried Graphic acceleration and also switched it off to test. Still no diffrence. My lightroom Catalog also sits on a 2TB SSD ( Samsung EVO 860).

I deleted Lightroom completely and reinstalled it. No help there as well.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have a very old and slow CPU that doesn't have enough power for the current needs of Lightroom Classic.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 4.57.03 PM.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines