Highlighted

Lightroom Classic + Lightroom CC Workflow - Cloud Management

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I'm trying to set up a workflow between lightroom classic and lightroom cc/mobile. I have been using mobile mostly and have a ton of images (45,000) stored in the cloud. Now that I'm syncing lightroom classic with lightroom cc, it's downloading all of my full-res cloud images to my chosen folder in lightroom classic, which I have on a NAS, as well as uploading smart previews of all images selected for sync that have been imported into Classic to the cloud to be used by lightroom cc. Correct?

1st  Q: How can I switch the photos uploaded by lightroom classic to the cloud from uploading smart previews to uploading the full resolution in order to sync and access the full-res images on Lightroom CC? And then is there a way to switch back from full res to smart previews once I'm done with a photo set in Lightroom CC in order to keep the smart preview photos in the cloud but save cloud storage?

2nd Q: For Photos imported/uploaded to the cloud through Adobe CC - It is my understanding, as stated above, that these full-res images in the cloud are now synced to Lightroom Classic in the folder I've chosen on the NAS. This means I now have all images in the cloud in full-res locally, correct?

What is the best way to keep these full-res images local on Classic, but remove them from the cloud to free up storage?

I have a ton of old photo sets in the cloud that were uploaded through Lightroom CC that I don't need daily access to, and it would be great to free up the cloud storage but not delete them completely. (Delete them on the LR CC side, remove from the cloud, but keep full-res now stored in Lightroom Classic)

TOPICS
Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic + Lightroom CC Workflow - Cloud Management

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I'm trying to set up a workflow between lightroom classic and lightroom cc/mobile. I have been using mobile mostly and have a ton of images (45,000) stored in the cloud. Now that I'm syncing lightroom classic with lightroom cc, it's downloading all of my full-res cloud images to my chosen folder in lightroom classic, which I have on a NAS, as well as uploading smart previews of all images selected for sync that have been imported into Classic to the cloud to be used by lightroom cc. Correct?

1st  Q: How can I switch the photos uploaded by lightroom classic to the cloud from uploading smart previews to uploading the full resolution in order to sync and access the full-res images on Lightroom CC? And then is there a way to switch back from full res to smart previews once I'm done with a photo set in Lightroom CC in order to keep the smart preview photos in the cloud but save cloud storage?

2nd Q: For Photos imported/uploaded to the cloud through Adobe CC - It is my understanding, as stated above, that these full-res images in the cloud are now synced to Lightroom Classic in the folder I've chosen on the NAS. This means I now have all images in the cloud in full-res locally, correct?

What is the best way to keep these full-res images local on Classic, but remove them from the cloud to free up storage?

I have a ton of old photo sets in the cloud that were uploaded through Lightroom CC that I don't need daily access to, and it would be great to free up the cloud storage but not delete them completely. (Delete them on the LR CC side, remove from the cloud, but keep full-res now stored in Lightroom Classic)

TOPICS
Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2020 0

Have something to add?