• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After returning an image from PS to LR and doing some further editing I then want to return to PS but LR just tells me: "Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file... it will not be opened"
Files from PS are saved as PSD when returning them to LR and if I go in the folder the original and the PSD are both there. What further bothers me is that I can open the PSD  in PS and all the layers are there but for some reason, LR cannot open it.

No files have been moved!

Photos are stored on external HDD 

Also, this happened to me recently and after updating PS and LR to the newest version the problem disappeared. However, now I am running the newest version hence I don't think it is an update problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, what is the setting of Preferences > File Handling > Maximize PSD and PSB File Compatibility?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also consider saving the image as a TIF file in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By default it used to save it as TIFF,

After doing some research I found out that if you do a lot of back and forth between PS and LR it is better to save it as PSD.

After switching to PSD I had no problems for a while, this issue only occurred a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as you can see below it is on "Always"

Annotation 2020-05-02 180301.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines