• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic. Lost my catalog when opening Lightroom.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened my Lightroom classic and it opened like it was brand new. showing the all the tips. 

There are no folders or catalogs. How do I find my other? I have tried backups but they are old.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic.

Would you mind confirming if you had the catalog saved on your computers internal storage or on an external drive? You can go to the "File" menu in Lightroom Classic, then Open Recent and check if you see your working catalog there.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are a couple of things you can do.

1. System search on .lrcat

2. Check your Pictures/Lightroom folder

Once you find your .lrcat files check the dates to see when you've last opened the file and look for the date that  you think it should be.

You may want to change your preferences so that Lightroom will give the list for you to choose from when opening if you want to keep old catalogs. In your Preferences > General tab > change Load Most Recent Catalog to - Prompt me when opening. This will show catalogs that it finds on your computer and if you have catalogs on an external and that EHD is connected and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines