• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic map module.

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have lightroom classic ver 7.5 and for quite a while now i have not been able to use the map module i just get a message to say i  need to update to ver, 8 but i dont seem to be able too when i try it just says no updates!! can anyone help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

It is the OS X version you are using. The newer versions of LR Classic need OS X 10.12 or 10.13 to run.

you don't have it on that Mac so the CC DTA doesn't show you the newer versions of LR.

You probably don't have the newer version of the CC DTA either. It looks like this.

2019-10-20 19_18_31-.png

You probably have the older version like this.

Check For Updates CC App.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version is 8.4.1 so not sure why you are not seeing updates. Which plan do you have? Are you logged in to your  account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have the pay monthly plan for lightroom and photoshop and i am logged into the account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud Desktop App to do updates.

What OS is your computer running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have been useing the cloud app to check for updates but it just keeps telling me everything is up to date.

my computer is a Mac with EL Capitan ver, 10.11.16. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the OS X version you are using. The newer versions of LR Classic need OS X 10.12 or 10.13 to run.

you don't have it on that Mac so the CC DTA doesn't show you the newer versions of LR.

You probably don't have the newer version of the CC DTA either. It looks like this.

2019-10-20 19_18_31-.png

You probably have the older version like this.

Check For Updates CC App.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its the older cloud app i have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X sys requirements for LR Classic 8.x.x

2019-11-03 07_42_17-Lightroom Classic system requirements.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like i need to update the Mac OS then Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be carefull Apple may only allow you to upgrade to the newest Catalina version. That ius a BAD IDEA.

If you can upgrade to either 10.13.x or 10.14.x and Not 10.15.x Catalina. There are numerous problems with Catalina. That is If the Mac you have can even upgrade to Catalina. My iMac can't go past 10.13 as it is from 2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like my Mac would be sutable for the upgrade as its a late 2015 version. To be honest iv just always put off updating as iv never done it before and im so afraid of something going wrong!! as you can probably tell im not that great with computers!! Would you suggest upgrading to Mojave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Mojave is fine as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aw thank you again for the help, I will give it a go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines