• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic message: Sync "collection" later (Synching is off)

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. Hope one of you guys can shed some light onto this issue:

I haven't been synching images from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom recently and needed to do so an hour ago. So I added anew image to a collection that apparently is set to sync with Lightroom. I opened the cloud LR and discovered the new image just added did not sync. So back again to Lightroom Classic, went to the collection and the doble sided sen arrow icon is on. I toggled it off than on again and this message appears:

Sync "collection" later

(Synching is currently off)

What could be the possible causes? This is driving me crazy...

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hanil7up,

As you've mentioned that you switched the sync in Lightroom Classic on and off and getting a message that says "syncing is currently off".

Please navigate to the Lightroom Preferences> Lightroom Sync section and check if you're getting any error message there.

Also, if there are no pending sync(none of the images are in the process of syncing) then sign out of Lightroom Classic and Lightroom and sign back in.

Let us know how it goes,

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash

There are three files "pending sync" according to theLightroom Sync tab. Can I delete them? How would I do so?

Also, there are 385 images downloading, from different iPhones I had!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please delete the 3 pending sync images (if you can re-edit them by importing them again in Lightroom) and see if the sync process starts to work again.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to delete all the synched images in the cloud Lightroom

Now I would like to sync again some collection, but the small window where the doble sync arrow used to be disappeared...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set a collection to sync to the cloud again and let us know if that helps.

See the screenshots below and this article for reference: Sync Lightroom Classic with Lightroom CC Ecosystem |

5514-sync-photos-lightroom-mobile_step-35514-sync-photos-lightroom-mobile_step-2

5514-sync-photos-lightroom-mobile_step-5

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have the same problem and it didn't fix it for me.
Don't know what to do. Turned it off and on and nothing does the trick. Log out and in. Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found a way.
For some reason I had to change it on the little cloud within Lightroom CC. And I always went for the 'Preferences'. Had to hover over the top part so develop menu etc shows. And then went all the way to the right to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines