• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic miss some directories while importing images

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have using Photoshop and Bridge for awhile now. Decided to try Lightroom Classic since it is included. I imported all my photos by selecting the root photo directory and it did a good job. It seemed to miss a few directories in the process. I have been importing them one by one as I find them. Is there any way to do an import to pick up all directories missed? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is not importing images from all the directories. 

Would you mind sharing from where exactly are you trying to import images and how many of them are you importing? Do you get any error message while importing from a specific directory? Are there directories or folder located on an external or network drive?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

I ma using a 2016 MacBook Pro 16” with the i9 processor. I have a 4g Thunderbolt RAID external drive. The parent directory has 656 photo folders. The vast majority import fine. Only a very few do not. There isn’t any error messages. The way I find that a directory is missing is I see it in Bridge and try to find it lin Lightroom and fail to. Then I import it. Twice I have deleted all and retried the import with the same result. I would like to know if there is a way for Lightroom to rescan the parent directory and discover, and Import missing folders. On a related note, After editing photos in Photoshop and save them as other files. How can I get these imported into lightroom.

Thank you for such a quick response. I hope you are having a nice day.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Lightroom uses a standard procedure to read and import images from all types of storage mediums. Saving on a network drive sometimes adds complexities that are undetected and hence no errors show up. These are mostly related to read/write permissions, specially if it happens for select folders in a directory. 

A better way to isolate the issue is to copy those folder locally on your computer local storage and then try importing them. This will help us diagnose whether the issue is related to the RAID drive(s) or to do with the images. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is a permissions issue. When I find a missing directory I am able to easily import it with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import dialog, under the Source heading (Left hand Side Panel) you can select multiple folders (Directories) by holding down the Ctrl/Command key and Clicking on them. It is just like seleccting multiple folder or file in the File mamager for the OS you are using. And make sure you have "Include Subfolders" check box checked and the Add option selected at thre top (Not Move or Copy).

2020-09-03 05_38_01-Lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool. I'll try that. Thank you JSM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines