• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Missing Files (error 19)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using LR Classic since it's release.  I have some 17,000 images in my collection.  Everything was fine until yesterday.  I've been spending weeks updating keywords and moving files from within LR Classic so I can be better organized.  Late yesterday I opened LR Classic and all my file folders show 0 images.  My Catalog still shows all the photo's however the folders still show zero.  I have gotten the following error message when attempting to look at another catalog saved on my system: 

Database "/Users/douglaschapman/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog-2.lrcat": UNIQUE constraint failed: AgLibraryFolder.rootFolder, AgLibraryFolder.pathFromRoot Statement: UPDATE AgLibraryFolder SET rootFolder = ?,pathFromRoot = ? WHERE id_local = ?; (error code 19)

I have a Lightroom Catalog. Ircat file on the system but Lightroom says it is NOT a current file and is not up to date.  The Catalog-2.Ircat if the latest catalog.

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 3.37.43 PM.png

If I try to import photo's from the existing folder it says the photo's are ALREADY imported.  So the system knows where the files are... just won't display them.Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 3.40.17 PM.png

You can see the images via the grid if I select All Photographs.

I created a new folder and moved some of my pics to that folder and I was able to import images from there... however, i LOST all the keywords, etc from those files.  This is not acceptable.  I've not looked but I image that I've lost all my edits too??

Can anyone recommend a way to get these photo's to show up so I don't lose years worth of keywords and edits?

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Please go to the Catalog flyout panel. Once the images are in the grid - select one image and right-click - select Go to Folder in Library. Post a screen shot of that result. The images that you are posting are not showing that you have selected and image and right clicked on it. I'm happy to help you further if you want to private message me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

We're sorry to hear about this, I believe this error occur due to a permissions issue. Could you please let us know where is that catalog stored?

Also, please try the steps mentioned on this article and let us know if it helps: Solutions to Adobe Lightroom Lightroom user permission issues on launch

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the catalog is stored at: /Users/douglaschapman/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog-2.lrcat on my MAC Mini computer.  I'll look at your solutions link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and I have permissions to access Read/Write on all those folders listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chapmand1952  wrote

I've been using LR Classic since it's release.  I have some 17,000 images in my collection.  Everything was fine until yesterday.  I've been spending weeks updating keywords and moving files from within LR Classic so I can be better organized.  Late yesterday I opened LR Classic and all my file folders show 0 images.  My Catalog still shows all the photo's however the folders still show zero.  I have gotten the following error message when attempting to look at another catalog saved on my system: 

Database "/Users/douglaschapman/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog-2.lrcat": UNIQUE constraint failed: AgLibraryFolder.rootFolder, AgLibraryFolder.pathFromRoot Statement: UPDATE AgLibraryFolder SET rootFolder = ?,pathFromRoot = ? WHERE id_local = ?; (error code 19)

I have a Lightroom Catalog. Ircat file on the system but Lightroom says it is NOT a current file and is not up to date.  The Catalog-2.Ircat if the latest catalog.

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 3.37.43 PM.png

If I try to import photo's from the existing folder it says the photo's are ALREADY imported.  So the system knows where the files are... just won't display them.Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 3.40.17 PM.png

You can see the images via the grid if I select All Photographs.

Great, you can see them in Lightroom under "All Photographs", but they are not in the folder you think they are in. You have accidentally imported them into a different folder, and so you can't import the same photo twice (nor is it a good idea to import the photo more than once). In Lightroom, right-click on the photo and select Show in Finder (Mac) or Show in Explorer (Windows) so you can see what folder the files were accidentally imported into.

Depending on what you want to do next, we can advise you.

Please remember that Importing should only be done once on each photo, and importing is NOT a solution to catalog problems like this one. In fact, importing would make this problem worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all 4 steps as requested. It points me right where I think it should be.

… and yet I cannot import or synchronize that folder. I feel that something is corrupted. Any other thoughts?

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method you gave me to find the photo's using Show in Finder is locating the file exactly where it has always been.  It has not moved.  Yet, LR Classic is not displaying under that folder... only in ALL in the Catalog All Photographs.  I can do a series of screenshots to see if I can demo this for you.  I am open to just about anything to try and solve this.

Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of the entire Finder screen after you try the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Belos are my screenshots:

9-6-2018 Before I started.png

Above screenshot shows what LR Classic looks like prior to my Show in Finder...

9-6-2018 Show in Finder.png

The above screenshot shows the results when I right-click and Show in Finder...

9-6-2018 search by file name in folders.png

The above screenshot shows results when I look for a filename in the folders in LR Classic... I thought this might help?

Thank YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, my unfamiliarity with Macintosh computers might become a problem. But it seems to me you are looking for folders on a disk called "Macintosh HD" in a subfolder named "Archives", while your screen capture of the Finder window does not show a disk named "Macintosh HD".

So either one of these two is correct:

1. I'm confused because of my lack of familiarity with Macintosh computers
  2. Lightroom is looking for photos on "Macintosh HD" which doesn't exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could be lack of familiarity of MAC computers. The Macintosh HD is what I would call the root drive. There are several folders under that… one of which is the Users folder. I am the only user on the system… douglaschapman. This is where ‘my’ folders start… one of which is Pictures. In Pictures… you can see the screenshot showing Archives, Archives2, etc… my LR Classic photo’s start with the Archives Folder. From the 2 screenshots you can see all the subfolders from there.

To me…. the file system and the LR Classic are in sync as to where the pictures are physically stored on my computer. It’s just odd that that they show 0 files in those locations.

I’m willing to Uninstall the LR Classic software and reinstall it. I’d like to know what I will lose if I do so as there are years of keyboarding and photo edits associated with those 17K images.

Question… how do I get direct response from Adobe on this issue?

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to remove a folder with 0 images listed... LR Classic popes up a message saying it is removing the folder but it is still showing under the folder list in the Library.

Here are several screen shots I hope shows what you were looking for by your 3. request:

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 12.46.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-06 at 12.47.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-06 at 12.47.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-06 at 12.48.26 PM.png

Here is the screenshot of LR Classic after I right clicked on an image and then clicked on Find in Folder:

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 12.53.26 PM.png

I hope this is showing you what you needed to see.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot of LR Classic after I right clicked on an image and then clicked on Find in Folder:

The request was: select a photo, right click and then choose "Go to Folder in Library"

One folder will be highlighted in the Folder Panel, you may have to scroll up or down to see the highlighted folder, show us a screen capture so we can see what was highlighted in the Folder Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click image 1 and then clicked on Go to Folder in Library... note that the metadata on the right side of the screen indicates the image is in my 2018 folder... which agrees with my file finder too.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 12.53.26 PM.png

Below are 2 screenshots showing all the file folders... I don't see any of them highlighted.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 1.07.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-06 at 1.07.50 PM.png

Thank you... Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive me... but I went back to repeat the steps you gave me and this time I got a different result... this screenshot shows the result of Go To Library Folder... you originally requested.  This is repeatable... I must have erred somehow a few minutes ago.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 1.25.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other hard disks shown in the Folder Panel, if you scroll down?

What happens if you restart your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other hard disks shown in the Folder Panel, if you scroll down?  NO

What happens if you restart your computer? No change.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the Catalog flyout panel. Once the images are in the grid - select one image and right-click - select Go to Folder in Library. Post a screen shot of that result. The images that you are posting are not showing that you have selected and image and right clicked on it. I'm happy to help you further if you want to private message me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you cmgap!  Turns out I had a corrupt Catalog.

I am back up and running with Lightroom Classic.

Thanks Again!!!

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Doug, 

What did you end up doing to fix the corrupte Catalog? It seems I'm having the same issue you had. 

thanks, 
Marco 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Folders that show 0 images can be removed
  2. The images in the grid do not have a question mark or exclamation point which indicates Lr knows where they are
  3. Close the Mac HD panel and repost a screen shot of any other volumes (disks) under Mac HD
  4. Select one image - right-click and Go to folder in library and uploads a screen shot of that view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines