Highlighted

Lightroom Classic Moved Files within Lightroom but Hard Drive Ran out of Space - Files not moved

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today I moved files within Lightroom to avoid the catalogue losing track of the files. Luckily I use Backblaze so I didn't lose anything. The hard drive that I asked lightroom to move files over to ran out of space and lightroom did not present any sort of warning.

Within Lightroom all of the files were moved, but when I looked in Finder the files were not in the previous location or in the new location, only some of the files that there was space for were moved.

This is really bad because if I didn't have Backblaze the files would be gone. I would suggest Lightroom as part of the moving procedure just copies the files and then confirms all the files before removing them from the previous location, in addition to adding a drive full warning.

Thanks

Dylan

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Classic Moved Files within Lightroom but Hard Drive Ran out of Space - Files not moved

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today I moved files within Lightroom to avoid the catalogue losing track of the files. Luckily I use Backblaze so I didn't lose anything. The hard drive that I asked lightroom to move files over to ran out of space and lightroom did not present any sort of warning.

Within Lightroom all of the files were moved, but when I looked in Finder the files were not in the previous location or in the new location, only some of the files that there was space for were moved.

This is really bad because if I didn't have Backblaze the files would be gone. I would suggest Lightroom as part of the moving procedure just copies the files and then confirms all the files before removing them from the previous location, in addition to adding a drive full warning.

Thanks

Dylan

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you understand having a backup of your photos, and I assume of your catalog.

So many learn about backups the hard way. Clueless that things will go wrong

So many LrC users are clueless that backing up the LrC catalog does not backup the photos

So many are clueless not to save the backup on the same hard drive as the LrC or photos.

That being said, you may want to share your experience at the official feedback site: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

where actual Adobe Techs watch.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0