• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic navigator will not scroll past half of the collection .

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigator screen on side has the list of folders will not scroll past the first half of them . the pictures in folder not seen in the folder panel are visible when scrolled on preview.

Will not fix with reinstall.What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than a thousand folders in the full list?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have close to 1000 forders with a total of 368000 photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move from Picasa which seems to handle them easily but Navigator chokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you've tripped over a longstanding Windows LR limitation of the Folders, Collections, and Keyword List panels -- they only allow about 1000 - 3000 lines (depending on the size of the currently used font):

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-hit-a-folder-limit-and-unab...

The workaround is to use a hierarchy of folders and keep most of the parent folders collapsed, so that fewer lines are displayed in the Folders panel.  If you need to introduce more hierarchy, you can do that directly in the Folders panel, dragging folders into their new parent folders.

It's pretty shameful that Adobe has never fixed this.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines