• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom Classic .NEG and .JPG appearing despite option turned off

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot RAW and JPEG, and usually Lightroom classic only showed the RAW files. However, lately, i have noticed lately that both files appear as duplicate despite having the option turned off in preferences> general>treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos.

Lightroom classic 10.2

any inputs or ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Just a thought “out of the box” go to LrC preferences and select “treat jpeg files next to raw files as separate images”. Then quit LrC and reboot the application.

Go back to LrC preferences and deselect the option and reboot the application.

If that does not work then I would suggest resetting the LrC preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check that the file names produced by the camera are 100% identical (apart from their differing file extensions).

Otherwise if you don't want to see any JPG version within LrC, might you consider only importing the Raw files? (or, what I do, shooting either Raw or JPG?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I know I should only do RAW as this is what I use, but I kinda have those jpgs as absolute disaster backups (never had to use them) ... i do not have an issue of storage and i didn't have this issue of duplicates appearing on lightroom before.

I also checked any difference between the NEF and the JPG and didn't find any except the extension.

the odd part is that lightroom has the option of not duplicating those files, I use it (still do) but now it stopped working! hence i wanted to see if anyone else has this issue and how would resolving it be possible. thks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought “out of the box” go to LrC preferences and select “treat jpeg files next to raw files as separate images”. Then quit LrC and reboot the application.

Go back to LrC preferences and deselect the option and reboot the application.

If that does not work then I would suggest resetting the LrC preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yep! i was going to post this, i did require 2 reboots rather than one though. thks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines