Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic new installs hang after startup

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to Lightroom and trying it out thru a Creative Cloud subscription. I installed the latest Lightroom Classic on two different Windows 10 computers (each with latest Windows updates), each having 8 gb ram, and on both, Lightroom starts and displays photos in a catalogue.  Then, selecting another photo or selecting a menu item or doing anything else and Lightroom hangs with a circle spinning.  Sometimes if I wait long enough it will resolve and become useable and other times the only way forward is to close Lightroom.  I've tried many things found in internet searches of this hanging issue, including creating a new catalogue and changes in preferences.  I've been testing/trying it out and there seems to be no way forward to use Lightroom Classic.  I responded similarly to an Adobe inquiry asking how the trial was working with no response from Adobe.  I'm starting to think it is an issue with Lightroom Classic inherent in the latest release and nothing on my computer end, because I tried an install on two different computers.

Any ideas?

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freeze and hanging on startup resolved by disabling Logitech plugin. More info at these messages https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-9-1-slow-start/td-p/10829531/page/2?page=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one or both computer, and if both, please seperate the replys. Please post your System Information as Lightroom reports it. In Lightroom click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste info in a reply, prefeably include info from first line down to and including plug-in info. Info after plugin info of little value to us non high end non techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, per request to post system information, there is no need, as I said in the messages above, "Freeze and hanging on startup resolved by disabling Logitech plugin."  No further help needed on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines